Walking pad?

Emck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking into getting a walking pad for home use.

I have quite high insulin resistance and find that walking can really help to make my insulin more effective and to curb spikes.

Sometimes spikes don’t happen at the most convenient times (I.e when I’m working or when the weather is bad), so think that a walking pad might be helpful.

Does anyone out there have one and find it as effective as going for a real walk l, in terms of bringing BGs down?

Also any recommendations of good ones?

Also weighing up the pros/cons of a walking pad v a treadmill.

Reactions: MommaE and filly

Bludnok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi - I have two actually. One tank of a machine that has a permanent incline that I've found to be too much like hard work while I'm working ... and a WalkingPad Pro, which I love. I've only just tested positive for diabetes and just started testing, but happy to report back! You can certainly work up quite a sweat and get a number of steps in quite happily without really noticing

Emck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi - I have two actually. One tank of a machine that has a permanent incline that I've found to be too much like hard work while I'm working ... and a WalkingPad Pro, which I love. I've only just tested positive for diabetes and just started testing, but happy to report back! You can certainly work up quite a sweat and get a number of steps in quite happily without really noticing
Thanks for your reply! I’ll check out the walking pad pro!

rhaardoerfer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just got a walking pad p1 and ordered a standing desk for my office. I find it useful to get my BH down. I can’t work while walking but I can do meetings where I only have to talk.

Reactions: filly