Want to beat sugar cravings

KathyCP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
and that's indoors with the heating on Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
yep, i feel like the michelin man - i remind myself of those small children you see out in really cold weather who are wearing so many layers that their arms stick out stiffly to the sides and they can hardly move .....:)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I think you may be suffering from the "half pregnant" nature of the low calorie diet that Doc Moseley advocates which I think is still relatively high in carbs (at least its a lot more than I eat). Because you are still eating things like carrots and other root veg on the diet then you are going to find it harder to ignore carb cravings (all carbs turn to sugar in the body).
In your shoes I might try a month of very low carb to see if that counters my cravings. Just eat green veg and meat/fish/eggs/bacon/avocado/olives. The fat is what keeps you full so without it you likely be hungry which may well contribute to you falling off the wagon.
Check out www.dietdoctor.com for some yummy recipes . What I am advocating is usually known as the ketogenic diet (as in way of eating) if you want to read up on it. Can have some amazing benefits.
Hi
Thanks for this it was very interesting. Can you tell me if you use Psyllium husks or husk powder when you cook it? There are some great recipes on the site you recommend but it doesn't specify

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Thanks for this it was very interesting. Can you tell me if you use Psyllium husks or husk powder when you cook it? There are some great recipes on the site you recommend but it doesn't specify
Hi
Sorry but afraid I have never used Psyllium husks I tend to be a pure carnivore.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cooking oils are inflammatory . Good old fashioned lard, butter, suet and duck fat are what I use (and it works out cheaper). I use olive oil and cold pressed rapeseed oil occasionally on salads but with the winter truly here I'm not having too many salads. Some people use mayonnaise but I prefer coleslaw.
With regard to the cold, I viewed a Breckenridge video last night that said eating just a small amount of a high fat food such as a chunk of cheese or sausage will switch on the action of brown fat and have a reasonably quick affect on warming you up.

Have you got the link to that please? As a newbie I would be really interested

Thanks

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Have you got the link to that please? As a newbie I would be really interested

Thanks

I cannot give you a direct link, sorry. A lot of lectures, especially those on LCHF, quote the health risks re seed/vegetable oils as something to be avoided You will find the lectures possibly within the 'Low Carb Down Under' title or the 'Low Carb Breckenridge' lectures on Youtube. Alternateively a Googlesearch should bring up some surprising answers if you avoid the manufacturers sugar coated (pun intended) adverts for their own industrial sludge. Hope this helps.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I cannot give you a direct link, sorry. A lot of lectures, especially those on LCHF, quote the health risks re seed/vegetable oils as something to be avoided You will find the lectures possibly within the 'Low Carb Down Under' title or the 'Low Carb Breckenridge' lectures on Youtube. Alternateively a Googlesearch should bring up some surprising answers if you avoid the manufacturers sugar coated (pun intended) adverts for their own industrial sludge. Hope this helps.

It does, thank you, very helpful (I'm googling)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I cannot give you a direct link, sorry. A lot of lectures, especially those on LCHF, quote the health risks re seed/vegetable oils as something to be avoided You will find the lectures possibly within the 'Low Carb Down Under' title or the 'Low Carb Breckenridge' lectures on Youtube. Alternateively a Googlesearch should bring up some surprising answers if you avoid the manufacturers sugar coated (pun intended) adverts for their own industrial sludge. Hope this helps.[/QUO
Good recipes
www.dietdoctor.com