1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

want to try a different diet

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Diet Forum' started by coleyd, Apr 9, 2017.

1. coleyd

coleyd Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all

I'm back here to have a chat about switching back on to a more vegan diet. I'm a former vegan. I'm thinking of vegetarian this time to start so I can still have some goat yogurt or egg yolks if I need or want them. I'm Just scared that it won't suit so we shall see what my sugar levels do I will be starting tomorrow with a new week. Had some chicken and broccoli for dinner and I'm just quite fed up eating meat again

2. Enclave

Enclave Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

A lot of people are managing their diabetes very well with a vegetarian way of eating

3. @coleyd Don't be scared of failure. Balancing macros is the same challenge in any way of eating. Do you have any specific goals?

4. 4ratbags

4ratbags Type 2 · Well-Known Member

All you can do is give it a go and see what happens. It is after all trial and error when it comes to managing your BS sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. coleyd

coleyd Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks . I eat some dinners plant based mainly . Today was a vegetarian day. I've just put an update post up. I'm into pre diabetes levels !

6. solo091

solo091 · Member

my mom is a type 1 vegetarian who avoids all gluten containing foods. I guess that the food restrictions end up helping to eat better food. She says she's in the ironic position of appreciating that her body has forced her to eat the best diet possible!

When the high carb door closed , other food doors opened. She discovered the raw diet, and all sorts of vegetables and edible plants that she would never have tried if her body system had not called dramatic attention to the SAD way of eating. She's loving the vegan diet and says that Vegetarianism has broadened her diet, not narrowed it.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook