Warning Rant Ahead

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
her response 'you eat a very brown diet and I don't recommend you have a high-fat diet'.
Don't be too hard on the Nurse, she has to fill in a sheet, and probably tick a box to indicate that she has offered 'The correct dietary advise' that is correct to NICE, not you. If an HCP goes out on a limb and something goes wrong the means to pay the mortgage is suddenly gone

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't be too hard on the Nurse, she has to fill in a sheet, and probably tick a box to indicate that she has offered 'The correct dietary advise' that is correct to NICE, not you. If an HCP goes out on a limb and something goes wrong the means to pay the mortgage is suddenly gone
But they don't get paid to talk down to you .. I was told I could NEVER understand the numbers on my bs meter, my fingers 'will go bad and fall off' and I must eat meat and fish !!!!! They are not paid to push their personal feeling on to you ... or are they !!!

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get fed up of explaining to mine why I am not on a statin or similar. I have told her every year yet I have to repeat it all again. I'm considering writing it down and handing in a copy every time!