Warning

Carlton14

Type of diabetes
Type 2
DO NOT buy this watch, it is not a blood glucose monitor as stated in the ebay listing very dangerous if you were to rely on it the readings are half what my Tee2+ shows
image_2023-08-14_142548964.png

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think if you look on all these adverts for watches, in very small letters it will say something like "not suitable for medical usage".
I guess that is the hint.

There has been quite a bit of chatter about them on forums and the like and all agree - they are useless for blood glucose testing.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnEGreen

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On the Amazon site, they say it is targetted at children unisex. so it could be considered as a toy?

daffy1

Dislikes
garlic, pubs
I recently got into a heated deabate with my gp regarding my Apple Watch which I use for various things and was told not to rely on them. After a lot of research I found that it had been verified as correct and approved by the NHS. I recently have been having tests for a high heart rate and every time the watch matched the doctors equipment. However Apple have stated that they are 3 years off getting a watch to work for diabetes. So if Apple can’t manage a diabetic watch yet I’m don’t think a watch under £20 is going to work

Paule Foster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I recently got into a heated deabate with my gp regarding my Apple Watch which I use for various things and was told not to rely on them. After a lot of research I found that it had been verified as correct and approved by the NHS. I recently have been having tests for a high heart rate and every time the watch matched the doctors equipment. However Apple have stated that they are 3 years off getting a watch to work for diabetes. So if Apple can’t manage a diabetic watch yet I’m don’t think a watch under £20 is going to work

I have paired my Apple Watch with my Libre 2 sensor using the Shuggah app though, which is really useful as I can glance at my BG level discretely at any time - eg during meetings etc.