Was it Corona

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Around December and January there was a virus going around it was causing a sore throat, fever and a cough. Myself my daughter and two adult granddaughters were in Amsterdam at the time for a week and we all had it while we were there and my son had it at the same time as us although he does not live near us so we had not seen him for a while so he did not get it from us.
My daughters husband and his son who lives with them had it before Christmas so we blamed them for us getting it from them . Although after a week we began to feel better the cough lasted about 4 weeks before it cleared up. Coughs and sore throats are not something I normally get. It is being now being said the virus then may have been the starting of Corona because it had been occurring in China since November but we did not hear about it until it got bad. None of my family or myself who had a virus in December and January have developed the Corona one yet and they have all gone about their normal life going to work etc until this weekend so did we have or not?? if we did we are immune now as doctors say it is very rare to have the same virus again.
.Now four of them will be working from home from next week including my my son who has T1. I am more or less isolating but still taking my dog for a walk every day and just keeping my distance from anyone who is out and no standing for a chat with other dog walkers I know. Feel sad my family will not be able to visit me now for at least 12 weeks.

Hi, my son had similar to you around the same time, he was in bed ( rare for him) because he felt so ill, he has medical conditions and gets disability allowance. My drivers 12 year old daughter had the same, twice, but no one else in the household got it, he says she's 'the germ bag' of the family :wideyed:o_O
I hope you feel okay now, but it is sad when you can't see loved ones, I feel for my son as he is on his own. but we'll get through these dark uncertain times, because there's always hope :)
Take care and stay safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinkorchid

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You seriously think we'll ever know for sure?
Maybe a US lab.. a Russian lab or a Chinese one.. or .... maybe they are completely natural..

I'll deal with the probabilities and the track records.