Was it to do with DIABETES?

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all

I am atype 1 diabetic and on friday I woke up with a really dry mouth so i had some squash, felt ok but mouth was still quiet dry. I got up and went downstairs when i reached the kitchen i felt really dizzy and sick, i sat down done my blood glucose it was 14.1 (quite high) but i was told by my consultant to run high for a month to try bring my awareness back. I could'nt stomach any breakfast i had to go and lie back down. At lunchtime i still could'nt eat much just some toast this made me feel abit better I just kept drinking plenty of water. By friday night i had to bath my kids and it seemed such hard work i was so tired my arms and legs were aching i never had no energy at all, my sugar level were ok but the mention or sight of food my stomach felt as if i was on a roller coaster it was horrible. The only way I felt better was to lie down and close my eyes. Was wondering can diabetes cause this in hot weather or was I dehydrated? I know it was'nt sun stroke because I had'nt been out for a couple of days. Saturday morning I woke up feeling back to my old self again.

Tracey167

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Do you know what your Bg level was when you felt ill etc on the Friday after bathing your children ?
Had you had anything to eat at all prior to this ?

Ken

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi before bathing the kids my level was 6.2 i then managed to eat some spaggetti carbonara because i knew i had to eat something. I thought maybe it was because my sugars were high but in the past i have had higher levels than that and never felt that bad. I do hate running high sugars but i have to keep to what the consultant tells me.

Tracey167

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
6.2 then exercise then eating spaghetti which is high in carbs could have put your blood sugars up quite high but also,the exercise may have made you low !

There is no way of knowing which it was. If this happens again I suggest that you do regular testing at the time to see what your levels are doing.

You may also just have had a 'bug' or something which affected you for a few days.