Watch "The Perfect Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes" on YouTube

Thyroiddiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Actually there has been many studies on the insulin levels and response of 'normal' healthy individuals. The range for fasting and post meal are well documented. So the changes in fasting/insulin response is quite obvious when there is metabolic dysfunction as described by Dr Joseph Kraft. And there are various independent studies that sees similar patterns. And on a separate note, chronically elevated insulin is not necessarily benign although it may not have the acute toxicity of elevated glucose.

Instead of worrying that our pancreas will forget how to produce insulin after fasting, given how little functioning beta cells are left upon diagnosis, I am more concern that the remaining beta cells gets exhausted with the excessive demands that is continually placed upon it.

The alternative view presented is that resting the beta cells thru low carbs and intermittent fasting allows some recovery/restoration. Of course at this point there is disagreement regarding the success of this approach. But it makes sense to me and I see significant improvements.

Kraft-Curves-Cummins.png

Tim Noakes also have this infographics.

14047115_1030397243734567_6870261581663559855_o.jpg
Interesting

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I wonder if this would work for all type 2s

I must be narrowed mind as .... but a title like that just does my head in....
Prefect.... as if, in this life.....
T2.... that's a pretty large pool...

I'm sure it is very good...

Hotpepper20000

There's no way I'm going to fast .It's hard enough as it is.
I agree fasting can be difficult. For myself I just put off eating in the morning. Sometimes it's alomost noon and sometimes it's a couple of hours after I get up.
It might have helped my FG but its more about only eating when I'm hungry. That has helped in my weight loss.

Reactions: Thyroiddiabetic

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I had the GTT the red curved one strangely went to 15 in 2 hours but it never came down in fact it stayed up thought the day and went abit higher.That can't be good.

The chart shows the insulin response, not glucose response. Most of the time GTT don't include insulin response.

So I presume you are talking about your glucose level staying at 15 mmol throughout the day after the GTT?

Reactions: Thyroiddiabetic

Thyroiddiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The chart shows the insulin response, not glucose response. Most of the time GTT don't include insulin response.

So I presume you are talking about your glucose level staying at 15 mmol throughout the day after the GTT?
Yes but probably never been as high before as nobody would have so much glucose under normal circumstances.Was so thirsty after needed 2 l water straight.
Probably not higher than 13 under normal eating conditions.