Water fasting

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
Please what is water fasting and what does it entail.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
It means not consuming anything except water for a period of time. Usually at least a day.

Reactions: Olufisayo

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
Wow! I’ll try it

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! I’ll try it
What is your normal diet like? It is far easier to water fast once you have cut carb consumption by a significant amount.
If you are going in "cold turkey" then it could well prove very hard and you may find yourself giving up.
Also what medication are you taking as you do risk a hypo if for example you are on insulin.

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow! I’ll try it

Be cautious! For me, my aim is to find a diet that's healthy and I can stick with. So far, LCHF's working. I'm losing weight at a nice, steady pace and I'm getting fewer cravings for bread/spuds/pasta/rice than I did when I started. Basically finding enough variation in my diet from tips & suggestions here to keep it interesting.. Which means I'm more likely to stick with it once I've hit my target weight. Water fasting, or intermittent starvation is... boring, so might be harder to keep up, and temptation to overeat on non-fasting days. I used to spice it up a little by adding a dash of fresh lemon or lime juice though to give the water a bit of taste.