Watermelon

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
My husband decided to have some cheese and crackers for his supper and although I know that I can have the cheese I can't have the crackers! I didn't want to eat cheese on its own because I need to lose weight. I decided to have some watermelon instead. I had quite a lot and worried about my bs although it didn't make me stop eating it. Two hours later bs 5.4! I also raised my bs at breakfast by 2mmol having eaten porridge. I have been struggling with eating a full meal since starting lchf but I've finally realised that if I put half the usual serving I used to eat on my plate I can eat most of it. I'm obviously a very slow learner! I made fish pie for dinner tonight and topped it with mashed celeriac, swede and parsnips...delicious.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My husband decided to have some cheese and crackers for his supper and although I know that I can have the cheese I can't have the crackers! I didn't want to eat cheese on its own because I need to lose weight. I decided to have some watermelon instead. I had quite a lot and worried about my bs although it didn't make me stop eating it. Two hours later bs 5.4! I also raised my bs at breakfast by 2mmol having eaten porridge. I have been struggling with eating a full meal since starting lchf but I've finally realised that if I put half the usual serving I used to eat on my plate I can eat most of it. I'm obviously a very slow learner! I made fish pie for dinner tonight and topped it with mashed celeriac, swede and parsnips...delicious.
Watermelon Makes me Spike So does Porridge but don't worry about your speed of learning we are all learning all the time I believe that when I stop Learning I will have met my maker.

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
They need to tell type 2 diabetics to test. It is only with testing that we know what we can and cannot eat. There is not a once size fits all diet. Good on you for finding out what’s good for you.