Weak and Tired Arms

CraigLewis

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I'm new to this forum. I've had T1 Diabetes for 7 years now. A symptom I've had for about 4 years now is my arms feeling weak. I first used to experience it when having a hypo. My forearms felt weak and over the years the feeling has stayed with me. I just wondered if anyone else gets this? My arms aren't actually weak, I can lift things without any problem, they just feel weak. My Doctors can't help me with it. I also have stiff fingers most mornings and my fingers tremor sometimes. Can anyone offer advice on this? My blood sugar readings have been ok recently. I aim for single figures.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm new to this forum. I've had T1 Diabetes for 7 years now. A symptom I've had for about 4 years now is my arms feeling weak. I first used to experience it when having a hypo. My forearms felt weak and over the years the feeling has stayed with me. I just wondered if anyone else gets this? My arms aren't actually weak, I can lift things without any problem, they just feel weak. My Doctors can't help me with it. I also have stiff fingers most mornings and my fingers tremor sometimes. Can anyone offer advice on this? My blood sugar readings have been ok recently. I aim for single figures.

Hi there and welcome. I'm afraid I have no idea as it could be anything BUT do you take statins as a matter of interest and if you do, when did you start taking them. This is a wild guess but worth asking I think. x

CraigLewis

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there and welcome. I'm afraid I have no idea as it could be anything BUT do you take statins as a matter of interest and if you do, when did you start taking them. This is a wild guess but worth asking I think. x

Hi I don't take statins no. I never have.

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have similar symptoms to yoursef. The Dr said that I have borderline underactive thyroid but it does not need any treatment as of yet.

I read that issues with muscles in the arms are a sign of this. Dr Google told me that one.

CraigLewis

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have similar symptoms to yoursef. The Dr said that I have borderline underactive thyroid but it does not need any treatment as of yet.

I read that issues with muscles in the arms are a sign of this. Dr Google told me that one.
That's interesting because I also have a slightly underactive thyroid which isn't bad enough to medicate.