Wearing socks inside out

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think we ought to have a protest against all sock and underwear manufacturers that finish gar.nets with scratchy nylon thread or trimmings on thermal vests
CAROL

Reactions: Prem51

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We've got some weirdo's on this forum! :D

odd socks NEVER! inside out NEVER!*

I have black socks, no issues with pairing them up and always worn the proper way! My daughter on the other hand..........if odd socks/inside out was a sign of being intelligent (which it clearly/surely isn't!) she'd make Einstein look like an amoeba.

*except for medical reasons

2 page thread (at least) about wearing socks inside out - must be Christmas!

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Odd socks are a fad here-middle school children buy them that way. I have gout so yes I often wear my socks inside out. If they are uncomfortable I will not wear them again. Same with shoes, so I test them with a short walk around the store before I buy new shoes. And when I knit socks I put the seam on the outside-because I then eliminate having to wear them inside out.
I just read a fascinating wiki post about foot wraps worn by armies instead of socks. They are pieces of cotton cloth in a square or rectangular shape and you wrap them in a specific way to wear inside of boots instead of socks. I've been thinking about trying that as my socks are always disappearing here. They seem to jump out of the clothes basket never to be seen again,
"Portyanki, the squares of cloth (cotton for summer, flannel for winter) in which Russian soldiers have wrapped their feet since the days of Peter the Great, have lost their last and greatest battle – against socks.Jan 16, 2013
Why Russian soldiers are finally replacing foot wraps with socks ..."
https://www.theguardian.com/.../russian-soldiers-replacing-foot-wraps-sock...
Russian-soldiers-in-Mosco-010.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland

peterjones6000

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Miserable people
If socks are comfortable keep on wearing them, every time you take them off throw them at the wall and if they fall to the floor they are OK! If they stick to the wall then turn them inside out and repeat until they stick and when that happens Bury them in a deep pit or they will come back to haunt you.

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I wear my socks inside out if the toe seam is thick. Was given this info by Podiatrist at Clinic.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
If socks are comfortable keep on wearing them, every time you take them off throw them at the wall and if they fall to the floor they are OK! If they stick to the wall then turn them inside out and repeat until they stick and when that happens Bury them in a deep pit or they will come back to haunt you.
Peter you are supposed to eat the applebutter not apply it to your toes! Merry Christmas!