Website Status sorry not diabetes related

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine also said Type one, diet only on NovoRapid, wish it were that simple although novorapid on toast or novorapid pasta bake may not taste so good!

Reactions: 2 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Something else to do with the Website. When I joined I was classified as a "New Member", which made sense. Then without my realising, I became a "Regular", which also made sense, but I've just noticed today that I've become a "Senior". I'd love to know how these titles are arrived at. I think the next is "Legend", but I doubt I'll ever get that title !! Any clues anyone ?

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Something else to do with the Website. When I joined I was classified as a "New Member", which made sense. Then without my realising, I became a "Regular", which also made sense, but I've just noticed today that I've become a "Senior". I'd love to know how these titles are arrived at. I think the next is "Legend", but I doubt I'll ever get that title !! Any clues anyone ?
Yep I have that too, but let's all remember this is still a brilliant Forum no matter what our descriptions are

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Yep I have that too, but let's all remember this is still a brilliant Forum no matter what our descriptions are
I agree, but I'm just curious to know how we earn these titles. Nosey parker me:)

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your editable window displays default data, but does actually save with the correct details on your profile.

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Sorry Daks, but that makes no sense to me:(

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry Daks, but that makes no sense to me:(

Haha, ok so when you look at your profile details in the editable tab (personal details) some of the editable fields display default information, so it appears as if it hasn't changed, but if you check the (your profile page) link and then select information you'll see the information has actually saved correctly.

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Sorry to be so dense, but this still doesn't explain why I've been elevated to "Senior". I have only been diabetic for 6 months, so I think the "Newcomer" title would be more appropriate. Yes, ok, Ive chalked up 265 messages, 252, likes and 63 trophy points, but I'm still a learner and still mystified..................

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mine also said Type one, diet only on NovoRapid, wish it were that simple although novorapid on toast or novorapid pasta bake may not taste so good!

Actually I have tasted it, I had to use my teeth last year to screw and unscrew the needles, it's horrible :yuck:

Daffodils1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to be so dense, but this still doesn't explain why I've been elevated to "Senior". I have only been diabetic for 6 months, so I think the "Newcomer" title would be more appropriate. Yes, ok, Ive chalked up 265 messages, 252, likes and 63 trophy points, but I'm still a learner and still mystified..................
Hi June, I noticed this and wondered too like you, I think I read somewhere on here the categories relate to no of posts etc rather than length of time on website. I feel a novice too, (who tonight is craving but resisting milk chocolate....so far!!)

D

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Hi June, I noticed this and wondered too like you, I think I read somewhere on here the categories relate to no of posts etc rather than length of time on website. I feel a novice too, (who tonight is craving but resisting milk chocolate....so far!!)

D
Well done you. I've given into my craving and had 2 squares of very dark chocolate, no will power,:(. I agree, that I think it has to do with the number of posts. I notice that you are a "regular" with 106 messages, so perhaps we change to "Senior" when the total exceeds 200-250. Who knows, it's not important in the grand scheme of things, I'm just curious.

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls

D
PS. Just noticed someone with 126 messages is classified as a "Senior", so that's just blown my theory out of the water:(

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Mine says T1 and Im always changing to T2.but it goes back again.

Daffodils1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I
PS. Just noticed someone with 126 messages is classified as a "Senior", so that's just blown my theory out of the water:(

Two squares sounds perfect control to me, and dark chocolate v good for us, just haven't yet acquired the taste! I wonder what Greek yoghurt with a bit of 100% coco tastes like?

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
It's not perfect control at all. I don't particularly like the taste of it, but it gives me my chocolate fix. I deliberately don't keep milk choc in the house as I know what would happen.....................I always have sugar free jelly in the fridge in case the sweet munchies overtake me. Strangely, before becoming diabetic, I never had a sweet tooth, but now I can't have it, I crave it. Sods law I guess.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
It's not perfect control at all. I don't particularly like the taste of it, but it gives me my chocolate fix. I deliberately don't keep milk choc in the house as I know what would happen.....................I always have sugar free jelly in the fridge in case the sweet munchies overtake me. Strangely, before becoming diabetic, I never had a sweet tooth, but now I can't have it, I crave it. Sods law I guess.
Very good point June C I was diagnosed at 12 and parents always kept me away from sweet things so I never really fancied them but now I've always got the flipping sweet things munching my brain cells saying "Eat Me" really strange although I'd much rather have a bag of crisps any day than something sweet.