srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Hi all,

I have a new pair of weight scales so can once again let people know how I am doing with the weight.....

I appear to have lost half a kilogram - not much but it is on the down side so I am going with it. A weight loss is a loss after all.

I need to get back to keeping low carb - late last year I got blood glucose down to pre-diabetic levels - over time I allowed myself a few more carbs here and there and the result - weight gain.............. Now trying to cut out the extra carbs and get back to losing weight.

I still do miss carbs - 2 years down the line but still working at it and taking it one day at a time.

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

ohdamn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations! I also slipped back into my old ways. My Dr retired and was replaced by a young Dr. He told me I was being obsessive testing before and after meal and it wasn't necessary. The 3 month A1C Was sufficient. When it crept up to 7 i got concerned and hauled my meter out an started testing again. I was getting very high readings after meals. So I started cutting back on carbs. I have found that by cutting out potatoes, rice bread etc and adding a bit of fat like real cream in my tea and such my BG is down to a more acceptable level.
Without adding fat to my diet it is impossible for me to go low carb, I'm just to hungry and sick feeling.

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema