1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Weekly Weigh In

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by srobertson06, Apr 26, 2017.

1. srobertson06

srobertson06 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I have a new pair of weight scales so can once again let people know how I am doing with the weight.....

I appear to have lost half a kilogram - not much but it is on the down side so I am going with it. A weight loss is a loss after all.

I need to get back to keeping low carb - late last year I got blood glucose down to pre-diabetic levels - over time I allowed myself a few more carbs here and there and the result - weight gain.............. Now trying to cut out the extra carbs and get back to losing weight.

I still do miss carbs - 2 years down the line but still working at it and taking it one day at a time.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ohdamn

ohdamn Type 2 · Newbie

Congratulations! I also slipped back into my old ways. My Dr retired and was replaced by a young Dr. He told me I was being obsessive testing before and after meal and it wasn't necessary. The 3 month A1C Was sufficient. When it crept up to 7 i got concerned and hauled my meter out an started testing again. I was getting very high readings after meals. So I started cutting back on carbs. I have found that by cutting out potatoes, rice bread etc and adding a bit of fat like real cream in my tea and such my BG is down to a more acceptable level.
    Without adding fat to my diet it is impossible for me to go low carb, I'm just to hungry and sick feeling.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook