Weight Gain!!

abbdrinkwater

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All,

I was diagnosed when i was 12 with type 1 diabetes and i am now 21. Over the years i have seen my weight slowly creep up but always kept my eye on it.
I am now the heaviest i have ever weighed, weighing about 13 and a half stone and around 5"7 tall!
I have such a sweet tooth which is terrible being a diabetic!
I have tried joining gyms but whenever i do exercise i end up having hypo's
I am an extremely fussy eater too so healthy eating and finding new things i enjoy is a real struggle!

Any advice on how to monitor my weight management better or learn to like a broader variety of food! This would be great help, thank you in advance!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
You might try adding a teaspoon or two of new foods to your ordinary meals and gradually increase the foods you eat. I wouldn't try more that a couple of foods at a time this way and give it a week of adding them before adding another. Best of luck @abbdrinkwater

PS Welcome to the forum :)

abbdrinkwater

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You might try adding a teaspoon or two of new foods to your ordinary meals and gradually increase the foods you eat. I wouldn't try more that a couple of foods at a time this way and give it a week of adding them before adding another. Best of luck @abbdrinkwater

PS Welcome to the forum :)

Thats a good idea i have never thought of that! thank you x

Reactions: Freema
M

mist

Have a sandwich and inject some insulin before you do any exercise to prevent hypos and keytones.

As for foods, just get some recipe books or look online at recipes that interest you.

Can I tempt you with a Brussel sprout? :D

Reactions: Freema