Weight Loss.... So Far..... So Good.....

m1dpq

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a great lot.. Jazz, People who think they are better than others..
Hello to all in 2017,

I am bringing folks up-to-date with my weight loss, too prove if i can do it, so can you?

1st name Peter, Member of a Slimming World group in Sunderland (the best Wendys).

Starting weight 32stone 9pounds.

1st Target 19stone 1.5pounds?

Current weight 17stone 4pounds 1.8oz

2nd target 16stone 7pounds.

Total loss so far:- (Drum roll please)................ 15stone 5pounds (give the few ounces or so).

Me, I'm a T2 Insulin Dependant Diabetic, on 220units a day, with a constantly high Blood Sugar level,sometimes as high as 23 or 24 depending on the time of day. However I also have Klinefelter's Syndrome,which causes a lot of problems by being the umbrella condition for the rest of my health problems, including Asthma, COPD (never smoked in my entire life) & Asbestosis (caught whilst at school some 38years ago), my Metabolism also doesn't work very well, neither does my auto-immune system, in fact its knackered, so chest infections are here almost every week.

But steroids that are supposed to make you gain weight and eat more have the opposite effect with me, i no longer have the appetite i used to have its gone.

This may give some folks out there in the Great Land of Diabetics some hope for their future, YOU can DO IT?

regards

Peter
Dr. Science & Nutrition

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Well done and am proud of you
I used to weigh 24st and have got down to 16st 10lb.
I admire you for saying what weight you were, when I was 24st, I would never tell anyone what I weighed as I was embarrassed. Now I have lost 7st, I am now proud to say what I used to weigh. I have come to a stand still, even put a few pounds on.
Keep up the good work

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done! That is an amazing achievement!

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done Peter. Staggering and inspirational weight loss.

Despite your other problems, I am sure you feel far better. It will have cost you lots buying new clothes.