Type 2 Weight Loss

Altaf_7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am 19 year old and was weighing 96kgs ... I am around 5feet and 8 inches in height ...
I was diagnosed last year in may having osmotic symptoms and my main reason was weight loss ... I lost around 6 kgs at first in about 15days then after I was diagnosed and put on meds I lost another two kgs I am now a type 2 diabetic ... I just have this curiosity of knowing if anyone else having T2 Diabetes has lost weight ?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I dont mean to question it but are you sure you've not been misdiagnosed as a Type 2 and may in fact be Type 1?
It is highly unusual to lose weight if Type 2 and as you are also 19 it sounds very strange to me
What medication are you on? What are your blood sugars generally like?
I'm sure others with a bit more experience will be along with an input soon :) x

Altaf_7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I dont mean to question it but are you sure you've not been misdiagnosed as a Type 2 and may in fact be Type 1?
It is highly unusual to lose weight if Type 2 and as you are also 19 it sounds very strange to me
What medication are you on? What are your blood sugars generally like?
I'm sure others with a bit more experience will be along with an input soon :) x

I am on diet and exercise and I try to avoid meds as much as I can ...at time of diagnosis my hba1c was 12 now it’s 5.8 ... most of the time I have a fasting of less than 90mh/dl and a post meal of less than 120mg/dl...
My doctors are pretty sure that it’s T2 diabetes