weight loss

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi. You said he catches his breath when sleeping? Please Google epworth sleepiness test - it will give a good indication of whether sleep apnoea could be an issue . the first signs are loud snoring and periods of silence where you stop breathing and then splutter as you catch your breath again. I know the diabetes is a major concern - I'm type 2 but when my sleep apnoea was undiagnosed I "self medicated" to stay awake with sweets, carbohydrates and caffeine - 4 -5 litres red bull a day plus coffee. No matter what the impact of diabetes I couldn't have survived without the quick sugar fix. It also makes you unreasonable and unable to process new ideas or information. You may find that if sleep is an issue even without their being an underlying illness that its adding to his unwillingness to change. I also find diabetes a difficult disease to fight as it can take years for the results of your bad eating to show - as others have said Kevin's posts are an unnerving reality check

Cath

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jue 88

Thanks again,for ideas and imput,,,you are all stars,and have given me the motivation to continue the push to support and help him,,and maybe turn more of a blind eye to failings that i have no control over.
i guess its all about balance.
Thanks Cath,i will look that up,,it did start with snoring...( i can here him now)

thank you again for your help and support. :D