Weight

Cambiel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Going to keep food diary religiously in fitness pal as weight is not coming off but actually creeping on

Am keeping under 100 carbs a day but for weight loss should I go lower and if so how low do you think?

tia for your thoughts.

Runica

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you can manage lower carb consumption, then do try it. My weight was holding steady until about a week ago, then I dropped eating nuts, milk, and the occasional piece of low carb bread. No snacking, either! This week I have lost 3lb and am chuffed to bits. I think my body just needed a little extra push.

There's no harm to be had in going lower, so why not?

Edited to say I am now down to less than 30g carb a day. Not missing any foodstuffs now, either.

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Going to keep food diary religiously in fitness pal as weight is not coming off but actually creeping on

Am keeping under 100 carbs a day but for weight loss should I go lower and if so how low do you think?

tia for your thoughts.
I don't count carbs, but then again I never eat bread, flour, pasta, rice, fruit, starchy veg and I eat little veg that is grown underground. I suspect I am eating circa 30-35g of carbs a day as you can't avoid them completely. I lost 32 lb in three months. I now adjust my weight by monitoring how much fat I eat. If I want to lose a few lbs I eat less fat for a few days. Otherwise, I just eat enough fat to keep my weight stable. Everyone is different, but it works for me Cambiel.

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

tia for your thoughts.
Are still having some carby foods in your 100g ? To get insulin low enough to turn your body into fat burning mode you may be one of those that needs to go lower. Maybe try skipping breakfast to extend your overnight fast until lunchtime?