Weird moods:/

keri

Hi everyone, recently I have kind of given up with my diabetes and I just keep over thinking why me? I don't do my blood sugars and often lie and I don't do my insulin when meant to( I still do sometimes) I have had loads of sweets in the past few days an haven't injected with any of them, I just don't care about it at the moment! Just wondering if there is anyone else put there like this? Or experienced this? X

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
Ehhh i did exactly that for about 2-3 months and i was in A&E per 2 weeks because of it, i wouldn't reccomend doing it :S if its the injections you don't like or something get a lantus background then you're cutting down on 1 atleast

Reactions: 2 people

keri

Thankyou that sounds horrible! Luckily it hasn't got that bad! I will consider that thankyou, will talk to my doctor soon x

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
I just hated injections so my levels were above 20 alot for somereason i don't feel ill when im high but i did just get random days where it got to bad and you end up been sick and very faint so i really would be careful :S

keri

That's what I have been getting like a lot recently:/ thanks i will try and get back on top soon hopefully don't really want to go into hospital

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
Well message me if you wanna know anything more, Btw are you on pens or the pump?

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
Have you ever thought of the pump? It made my control miles easier because i hated pens i neally bled every time i used them i missed them because they hurt, and without fail every time they'd make me bruise so i just didn't bother until i recently just got the pump which is helping me alot, however im still missing alot of readings

keri

I have thought about it and both my nurse and doctors have suggested it but something just makes me not want to? I'm not really sure why though x I often get bruises from my pens but not much bleeding!

kerrygrant26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brown rice, all the negative attention diabetics get from the media
The best thing you can do is to discuss how your feeling with your GP or diabetes team, they see this a lot so don't feel like you're alone. I hope you can get sorted son and don't have to go through becoming very ill and requiring admission to hospital. All the best x

Reactions: 2 people