1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Weird throbbing - diabetes related?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by lechiffre1969, Mar 16, 2021.

1. lechiffre1969

lechiffre1969 Type 2 · Active Member

Over the last few weeks I’ve been experiencing occasional twitching feelings in the arch of my foot. I’ve also had it in my neck and upper arm.

I’m relatively recently diagnosed. My initial HbA1c was 126. My fasting daily blood readings have been around 7.5 - so I’ve improved significantly since diagnosis.

I’m taking metformin x4 per day and rosuvastatin x1 per day.

just wondered if what I’m getting is related to my diabetes. It’s worth noting the only other significant change over the last few weeks is having the AZ Covid vaccine.

#1 lechiffre1969, Mar 16, 2021 at 3:59 PM
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Could be the statin.. they have many unpleasant side effects.. were you given any decent reason why you have been given them apart from "you have diabetes"?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. lechiffre1969

lechiffre1969 Type 2 · Active Member

thank you. That’s worth looking into. My cholesterol was very high - 7.5, so doctor recommended taking. I do hope that at my next session, next Tuesday that both my HbA1c drops significantly and hopefully the cholesterol too.

4. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Did they happen to give you a full breakdown?
    Total cholesterol is a fairly meaningless figure by itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook