Weird throbbing - diabetes related?

lechiffre1969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Over the last few weeks I’ve been experiencing occasional twitching feelings in the arch of my foot. I’ve also had it in my neck and upper arm.

I’m relatively recently diagnosed. My initial HbA1c was 126. My fasting daily blood readings have been around 7.5 - so I’ve improved significantly since diagnosis.

I’m taking metformin x4 per day and rosuvastatin x1 per day.

just wondered if what I’m getting is related to my diabetes. It’s worth noting the only other significant change over the last few weeks is having the AZ Covid vaccine.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could be the statin.. they have many unpleasant side effects.. were you given any decent reason why you have been given them apart from "you have diabetes"?

lechiffre1969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could be the statin.. they have many unpleasant side effects.. were you given any decent reason why you have been given them apart from "you have diabetes"?

thank you. That’s worth looking into. My cholesterol was very high - 7.5, so doctor recommended taking. I do hope that at my next session, next Tuesday that both my HbA1c drops significantly and hopefully the cholesterol too.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thank you. That’s worth looking into. My cholesterol was very high - 7.5, so doctor recommended taking. I do hope that at my next session, next Tuesday that both my HbA1c drops significantly and hopefully the cholesterol too.
Did they happen to give you a full breakdown?
Total cholesterol is a fairly meaningless figure by itself.