Well who'd have thought it!

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
I went to see the dn this morning after waiting for a month. I wasn't feeling very optimistic as when I rang for advice at the beginning of January the dn was very anti low carb. Luckily I saw another dn who was really on the same page as me and although she isn't diabetic she'd done lc and lost 3 stone. She recommended this site and was very impressed with it. I told her that the other dn didn't agree with lchf but today's nurse (clare) said that even the expert course is recommending it. My blood pressure was 100/60 and I'd lost about a stone in weight. She took my bloods and booked an appointment for 2 weeks to go back for the results and to see where we go from here. I was also worried that I'd be chastised for reducing my insulin without discussing with them but clare was really pleased with my bs down to around 6 from 10ish and reduced from 120 units daily of insulin to 50 units . Feeling like a very happy bunny

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It sure seems to make all the difference to have support from a HCP. Well done lass.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news... very well done you! And so refreshing to hear of an up to date HCP.. definitely a rarity.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"Who'd have thought it, indeed" Very pleased for you achieving such good progress - and the bonus of a supportive DN!

It's great to hear news that confirms the message that options exist other than eatwell plate is at last beginning to 'get out there'