PIPPO_PIPPI

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.
I found somewhere this link
https://watlaa.com/ 4
which shows the Watlaa One, a new smartwatch that, at a first glance, looks very interesting.
That page gives information and shows it’s xDrio+ watch face, that looks complete and give the main info we need to check our glycemic value, using it both as standalone and follower (but this only close to a smartphone, having no Bluetooth!).
But (in my life as Type 1 diabetic I always found a “but”) I’ve been unable to find comments and/or tests about it.
This sounds a bit strange, because it’s low priced and looks well featured for our needs.
But before buying it I would like to know more about it’s “real” usefulness.
As an example, what kind of screen has it?
This is very important to define the real visibility, e.g. in a sunny day.
Someone bought it?
Any info to share?
Thank you very much.
Pippo
slight_smile.png

Attachments

• Watlaa One.jpeg
    Watlaa One.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I looked at whatlaa smartwatch looks intersesting but I did not like that libre 2 was not on it and it was not waterproof and the build quality did not seem as good as the ticwatch pro which does more but costs a lot more, I am certainly not expert or have any real knowledge only what I have read on the internet which I have done a lot of in the last 2 weeks as we are in lockdown here in France, I have ordered a ticwatch pro 2020 so when I get it I will see if I can get it to do what I want it to do

PIPPO_PIPPI

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you Peter, I hope to read soon about your ticwatch pro experience.
Bye soon.
Pippo :)

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well ticwatch pro 2020 arrived Monday as promised, set it up with x drip, not quite sure how, it worked alright with mobile close but not on it's own, so I left it like that, but today felt a bit more brave so read a bit more on the internet, looked again at miao miao website followed the imformation again and hey presto it seems to be working without the mobile close, time will tell if it keeps working okay and I can keep getting the readings, but now this old man needs to rest

PIPPO_PIPPI

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy for this, Peter03, check more time and report, please, appreciated.
Bye Pippo :)

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It has been over one week since I started using the ticwatch pro 2020, I have found it helpful especially at night and the alarms vibration only, I can feel a lot easier than the vibration alarms on my phone, it is very easy to read reading all the time and I find xdrip give me good predictive low and highs alarms so I can take action before I go low or high, is it better than other smart watches like the watlaa watch I cannot say, maybe someone who has or is using it can say, the one thing I cannot get it to do is get it work without the phone close by it keeps loosing connection normally after 8 to 10 hour's but that is to annoying for me so I have decided to keep the phone close by and that works fine for me

PIPPO_PIPPI

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Peter03.
So TicWatch looks very close to mty needs, even if more expensive that Watlaa.
I'll look around for a good price.
Thank you.
Pippo :)

darkteckno

Well ticwatch pro 2020 arrived Monday as promised, set it up with x drip, not quite sure how, it worked alright with mobile close but not on it's own, so I left it like that, but today felt a bit more brave so read a bit more on the internet, looked again at miao miao website followed the imformation again and hey presto it seems to be working without the mobile close, time will tell if it keeps working okay and I can keep getting the readings, but now this old man needs to rest
No here in a new thread...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is the Watlaa firmware and/or communication protocol open-source?

Hi @Jimw338 ,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm no programmer. But the xDrip app for the phone that seems to have a strong affiliation with on the "GitHub" site appears to have people tweaking & chatting about "reversing the polarity flow" stuff? (Lol, it all tends to go over my head a little.)
But I'm glad these guys are having fun & basically devising stuff I could have only dreamed off back in the old Clinitest kit days..

For anyone else reading this topic...

The watlaa one I've owned since July. Actually a slimmer watch than expected. Came with two straps the black metal one fitted
& a chunkier "sports band?"
It also came with 2 magnetic USB charger cables. Battery life is as described & only takes an hour to fully charge.
There is a Watlaa app. But that's just for calibrating the date & time on the watch & updating firmware which you may need to "0.5.1" not a bad bit of kit. The screen is clear & you do heve a choice of light type or full type with the BG read out & time.
The menu is easy to navigate.
But if you are looking for the full function mini version of your phone..? You will probably need to pay more & invest elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

katuxa

Hi - Am posting on behalf of my daughter who is type 1.
I want to buy a smartwatch for her so she can take her readings without having to have her phone. Am a bit confused as to what is available. She has a freestyle libre and uses their app on her iphone. I hear people talking about 'miaomiao' but as far as i understand - that is a stand alone reader.
Would the tictoc pro or the watlaa one phone watch be enough to get her started?
Is the xdrip + a free app that would facilitate the readings.

Do either of these phones work without the phone nearby ( she goes surfing sometimes - can the watch be used then?)

Sorry for all the questions but there seems to be so little info and clarity out there!

Thanks in advance