What an Idiot!!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jess

Glad you made it through, scary as it was - and thanks for letting us know you're OK, even if a bit worse for wear.

slimtony

Good to hear that you're ok, Jess. It was an easy mistake and most of us have made it at some point. I just wish there was an easier way of learning the ropes.

shop

Hi Jess,

Glad you are OK!! As others have said most of us on Insulin have made a similar mistake :roll: Really don't know where your GP got the fried egg from :crazy:

Lucy xxx

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you got through it all safely, scary!
It would be interesting to get the Doctor's reasoning regarding eggs - what sort does he eat?
Also bit concerned with the comment about getting to a+e if you hypo. How? With that amount of insulin and a fried egg I doubt you would have been fit to think straight let alone call an ambulance!
Let us know if you get an eggplanation (sorry!) :)
Best wishes
Angie

JConnor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been to the doctors today and seen same doctor i spoke to yesterday. He has now given me Glucagen emergency kit so feeling abit more confident as was really worried about passing out yesterday. I decided not to be to harsh with him as he did start off the appointment by saying he was no expert in Diabetes which i think Doctors rarely admit to.
Was very tempted to ask if i could have some eggs on perscription :lol:
Thank you to everyone who took time to reply

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
JConnor said:
Was very tempted to ask if i could have some eggs on perscription :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You spoke to a doctor who advised you to eat a fried egg?? Who is this doctor?? I am HORRIFIED! How can they be a practising doctor and advise a diabetic who has overdosed on insulin to eat a fried egg?!?

I almost wish you'd been rushed to hospital in an emergency just so that this "doctor's" advice would be questioned and formally investigated. Seriously, that is appalling!! I defintiely recommend making a complaint. Surely that's negligence?! :evil:

Also, I hope you were ok and that you didn't end up at A&E..... easy mistake to make.