1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What an Idiot!!!

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by JConnor, Oct 15, 2012.

1. robert72

robert72 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi Jess

Glad you made it through, scary as it was - and thanks for letting us know you're OK, even if a bit worse for wear.

2. slimtony

slimtony · Well-Known Member

Good to hear that you're ok, Jess. It was an easy mistake and most of us have made it at some point. I just wish there was an easier way of learning the ropes.

3. shop

shop · Well-Known Member

Hi Jess,

Glad you are OK!! As others have said most of us on Insulin have made a similar mistake :roll: Really don't know where your GP got the fried egg from :crazy:

Lucy xxx

4. angieG

angieG Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Glad you got through it all safely, scary!
    It would be interesting to get the Doctor's reasoning regarding eggs - what sort does he eat?
    Also bit concerned with the comment about getting to a+e if you hypo. How? With that amount of insulin and a fried egg I doubt you would have been fit to think straight let alone call an ambulance!
    Let us know if you get an eggplanation (sorry!) :)
    Best wishes
    Angie

5. JConnor

JConnor Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Been to the doctors today and seen same doctor i spoke to yesterday. He has now given me Glucagen emergency kit so feeling abit more confident as was really worried about passing out yesterday. I decided not to be to harsh with him as he did start off the appointment by saying he was no expert in Diabetes which i think Doctors rarely admit to.
    Was very tempted to ask if i could have some eggs on perscription :lol:
    Thank you to everyone who took time to reply

6. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

:lol: :lol: :lol:

7. picklebean

picklebean Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You spoke to a doctor who advised you to eat a fried egg?? Who is this doctor?? I am HORRIFIED! How can they be a practising doctor and advise a diabetic who has overdosed on insulin to eat a fried egg?!?

I almost wish you'd been rushed to hospital in an emergency just so that this "doctor's" advice would be questioned and formally investigated. Seriously, that is appalling!! I defintiely recommend making a complaint. Surely that's negligence?! :evil:

Also, I hope you were ok and that you didn't end up at A&E..... easy mistake to make.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook