What are our readings supposed to be?

AnnM99

Hi everyone,
My readings have suddenly dropped since I introduced my final 500mg of Sr metformin. Not heard a thing from gp. Tbh, don't think they're interested and never told me what my 'target' would be. My before breakfast bs are about 5.5 and before meals now about 4.3 to 4.7. Is this too low now or ideal?
Dont want to start eating things to 'up' my rwadungs if this figure is OK.
Thanks.

Reactions: JudyLee

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Very nice numbers!
Going too low is usually only an issue as a side effects of drugs like insulin and gliclazide.

Nice healthy low numbers on metformin only are perfect, even if they should dip just below 4 sometimes!

Reactions: AnnM99

AnnM99

Very nice numbers!
Going too low is usually only an issue as a side effects of drugs like insulin and gliclazide.

Nice healthy low numbers on metformin only are perfect, even if they should dip just below 4 sometimes!

Thank you for replying. I was a bit nervous so I ate 2 x rich tea biscuits and a slice of cheese. I probably didn't need to do this then. I'm on the Lchf way of eating since diagnosis 3 months ago and it's my preferred way of eating now. Mind you, I did walk up and down the garden for 10 minutes approx half hour after I started eating today for 2 meals do maybe that's impacted.
I've my hba1c on Wednesday so will ve intersting. I've felt very nauseous and a bit ligtht headed since introducing the 4th pill. I won't panic again if I see numbers like this. I'm just not used to a 4 number.

Reactions: Antje77