What are the different ways to take insulin ?

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi
We all know that taking insulin through this flask and the pen is rolling among many diabetic patients

But I read some books talking about many new ways like
Pump sprayer, pressure force, capsules, pancreatic implants or parts thereof and ultrasonic frequencies
my question is
Is there anyone with us who uses one of these new techniques and does it have side effects?
And thanks

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi my friend,

Now your talking "Star Trek" tech.. Or are we...?

Apart from the traditional way of injecting insulin, along with the pen or pump & canula. I know not of anyone using a "hypo spray" for insulin? (Lol, oddly an appropriate name for insulin applications.)

In short. It all generally involves a needle under the skin.. I'd love to hear from someone using (have tried.) this practical development in "star tech" & how they get on with it...

If you are unfamiliar with the fictional long running TV science fiction show? (Also produced as numerous movies.)

Here is a little flavour. Interspersed with a few factoids...

Last edited:

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi my friend,

Now your talking "Star Trek" tech.. Or are we...?

Apart from the traditional way of injecting insulin, along with the pen or pump & canula. I know not of anyone using a "hypo spray" for insulin? (Lol, oddly an appropriate name for insulin applications.)

In short. It all generally involves a needle under the skin.. I'd love to hear from someone using (have tried.) this practical development in "star tech" & how they get on with it...

If you are unfamiliar with the fictional long running TV science fiction show? (Also produced as numerous movies.)

Here is a little flavour. Interspersed with a few factoids...

Hi my friend I hope are you fine and thanks
I have heard that the sprayer method is present but there are problems with the lung
I love science fiction

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15386822

Last edited: