what are your favorite drinks to quench thirst?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Plain ol' water is awesome. Drink as much of it as you can face - I aim for 2 - 3L a day.

Over a period of days (or maybe a couple of weeks) the thirst will go away completely, and you will actually have to force water down! But do keep it up. Water is awesome.

Peter Lamont

Recently I have started experiencing thirst from diabetes. I drink a lot of ice cold water, but also a few soft drinks now and then. I was just wondering if you could say what your favourite thirst quenching drinks are?
I like the sparkling friut water drinks from most supermarkets. Lemon and limefrom usual names and orange and manderine from Sainsburys. Put it in the fridge and get it cold as it hits the spot. You should go for a bit of exercise to lower the sugar level in your body though.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Pure Ginger tea. Used to drink lots of decaf tea in the morning but it seems to elevating my B/S , can't understand why.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Pure Ginger tea. Used to drink lots of decaf tea in the morning but it seems to elevating my B/S , can't understand why.

That's interesting, I also drink decaff tea and coffee but never noticed it effecting bg levels.