Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
I have Addison's Disease and Type 1 diabetes, I was in hospital last month as I had an addisonian crisis which then caused ketones, I tried my best to manage everything at home but it got to the point where my glucose levels were good but I still had very high ketones. Like in the picture I have added which was done at 7:34pm. I really don't want to go hospital again!
20191125_195355.jpeg

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
0.4 ketones is not a worrying level (yet) and your sugars are ok. You could call 111 to see what they suggest.

Reactions: No1DeadlyPoison

mentat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm on a ketogenic diet and my ketones are typically 1.5 to 3. That doesn't mean those are safe levels for someone with T1D who is not on such a diet. However, if your ketones are being caused by the Addison's (e.g. due to not being able to keep down food) rather than T1D I would think there is less cause for concern. But I'm not a doctor.

Last edited:

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hospital have me a new glucose/ketone monitor yesterday (using cheaper strips). The manual said that ketone levels up to 0.6 was normal. I personally don't think that is true for normal diets but for those who aren't eating "normally", through illness or special diets, it will be.