Archery target practice
Gardening
Photoshopping photos of cats
University work
Teaching son to cook
Sleeping
Watching online gigs
Deep and meaningful conversations with my cats :D

Planning to tidy up my sewing corner and cracking on with two patchwork quilts.

me, well I was decorating anyway and have swapped the gym and pool for cycling but am on the lookout for some kettlebells, the acoustic guitar's had some hammer and I'm internet learning some rave piano tunes on my absent childs keyboard, well one tune anyway but where there's a will there's a way.

I'm planning some circuit training with various lumps of metal from my shed and the windowcleaning ladders are ok for shoulder pressing so I'll muddle along as normal...

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
No wish it did but it doesn't one of the brierly forest park entrances is across the road from me the body of water is a lake round here they call it a pond to get to it I cross the road walk down about 50 yards to the entrance then it's about a ten or fifteen minute walk for a reasonably fit person.

Loads of castles and stately homes around here some very old.
Like Bolsover Castle about a twenty minute drive from here.

View attachment 40091

But of course closed at the moment.

I will be googling the history of that castle, looks fantastic!

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I walk my dogs round the local cemetery for my exercise session. So far I have managed not to get involved in DIY as the hospitals are busy enough!

Reactions: Goonergal

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We had to stop walking our mutts around the nearby cemetery.

There are huge signs up saying 'dogs on leads!' and 'please respect the graves' and 'pick up after your dog!'
Of course, we observed all of these.

Unfortunately, Mutt1 doesn't know what a gravestone is, but he can sure identify a stone piddle post, and was in heaven at the 1000s to choose from.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

There are huge signs up saying 'dogs on leads!' and 'please respect the graves' and 'pick up after your dog!'

Unfortunately, Mutt1 doesn't know what a gravestone is, but he can sure identify a stone piddle post, and was in heaven at the 1000s to choose from.
Must have been the residents complaining again!

Reactions: dancer

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

Well mutt will be welcome to piddle on my grave, I'm getting buried at sea :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have been knitting a cardigan for my little granddaughter, the back and both fronts done.
I have been planting bulbs in the garden, stripped a lot of the Ivy that has been growing over my back fence and on Sunday, I spent 3 hours in my garden in the lovely hot sunshine :happy:
Also reading my book and going out for the occasional walk for exercise.
Nice thread :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I did sit outside in what I laughingly call my back garden though I no longer have a gazebo well not an intact one as the one I bought to replace the one destroyed a while ago by a lot of snow landing on it was destroyed by the high winds some weeks ago.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Just filing and maintaining a library of NASA mission related material / publications as it's enormous. And though I don't advertise it, word got out to some friends in the United States who I'd helped in the past and news spread quickly.

Now too many people know !!

As we are fast headed toward winter, attending to the woodpile and the fires that follow in my burner have kept me occupied. Great idea @Tophat1900 :))

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Curious as to what people do during isolation.
Obviously with myself it's low carb stuff). Trying a Vanilla cloud cake with coffee butter cream today... hopefully it comes out edible and no fire extinguishers are required.
Will post the recipe if it is a success.

So, feel free to share what you do. Ideas are a good thing.
Life mostly goes on as normal, except for the far less frequent shopping trips. Did manage 13 days, but then we ran out of milk. I spend most of my time outside in what we refer to as the garden. It's actually an orchard that has been mown regularly for the last year or so and where I have dug some vegetable beds. Two new ones this year. That's plenty of exercise for me. Continuing to learn French, but now far less opportunities to practice with the natives.
Also i play an online game which provides me with some social interaction. Spending more time on the phone as well.
Would love to find time to sit and read.
Housework is being neglected in favour of fiddling with vegetable plants. There is a very long leylandii hedge that needs cutting, if I run short of outside jobs.
Baking seems a good idea... am eating MrSlims biscuits

@Tophat1900 how did the cake come out?
@DJC3 Thanks for suggesting Worldofbooks.com

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I work three days a week, although am on Easter leave now. So the first two weeks involved me trying to track down my errant students, do endless reports for work whilst supervising my daughter with her school work. Other than that I've signed up to some FutureLearn courses and started one. I've been doing my walk that I like to do every day - which usually I can't do every day because of work and the commute. I'm rural - it's a lovely little walk! Trampolining a lot! Much fun! We've had online Brownies and Rainbows, so participating in those. And watching some great programmes together as a family - which we normally don't do because of OH usually needing to go to bed so early for his job! I too am enjoying the calm - however not the neck ache as a result of being hunched over a laptop whilst working!

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
@SlimLizzy well, never got around to it when I planned to, but did try it late today. I didn't exactly follow the instructions to the T because I was pushed for time a little, but managed to make one. I ended up adding a little baking powder to it becuase I rushed it and I knew it wouldn't quite turn out as per instructions. So, I managed to turn a cake into a crumpet. :D

It did turn out good however, pretty easy to do and even if you get it wrong like I did, it still ended up being edible and no one had to be rushed to hospital. Bonus!

Took a few pics, doesn't exactly look good, but it's the ideal size for two people. So, cut it in half and shared it with the wife. No complaints were issued.

Pics, please ignore the fact it looks like some weird toadstool from Mars.

92244637_3105574069488062_6901316303487762432_o.jpg

91957039_3105574549488014_3256795832799723520_o.jpg

The recipe https://lowcarbyum.com/egg-fast-cloud-cake/

Reactions: DJC3

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
Well lock down not much different for me except Beloved is working from home which is excellent. Worst bit is that we lost our Leroy six weeks ago very suddenly to sepsis. Within a couple of hours from being his normal doggie self he was gone. Vet told us that there was nothing we could have done differently but that doesn’t stop us thinking what if?
The house is much quieter, despite being on a main road very little traffic now. Have been out in the garden a few times trying to get it sorted before we move. Murphy’s law ensured that we were within a week of actually moving to the new home that we had been waiting for since last April to be ready when lock down happened, Council all working from home, no visits to sign off the work as Grade 2 listed and as I’m in the 12 week house arrest group not likely to happen anytime soon. So most of my time taken up with cuddling Leroy’s squashed squirrel and crying. No idea what BG and off the wagon.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The chord of E on the Ukalali is a bu*g*er ,

Sorry I mean very difficult.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just filing and maintaining a library of NASA mission related material / publications as it's enormous. And though I don't advertise it, word got out to some friends in the United States who I'd helped in the past and news spread quickly.

Now too many people know !!

As we are fast headed toward winter, attending to the woodpile and the fires that follow in my burner have kept me occupied. Great idea @Tophat1900 :))

Oh Heck, @Mike D . Quite a few more know now.
;)

Reactions: Tophat1900
D

Deleted member 308541

Seeing as my usual source for cash money has been closed for the last two weeks, I have to go to a atm in one one of the shopping centres to stock up with some ready cash.

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
I learnt to crochet a granny square. It's now a 30" square granny square, and I'm beginning to think I need to look up how to stop crocheting.

Did some digging/gardening. Left garden for a few minutes, came back to find my Springer Spaniel had decided to 'help'. Next task is to re-level what's left of the lawn and chuck some grass seed down.

milesrf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
spammers, off topic posters, side effects of a stroke
I'm spending time looking for online articles that might help one of my nieces, who is a nurse. So far:

As Hospitals Run out of Medical Masks, Healthcare Workers are Asking for Homemade Alternatives

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/hospitals-run-medical-masks-healthcare-145200226.html

Toaster-sized ventilator from India helps hospitals in virus fight

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/toaster-sized-ventilator-india-helps-hospitals-virus-fight-054350080.html

How Recovered COVID-19 Patients May Be Able to Help Those Currently Ill

https://themighty.com/2020/04/what-...iFiMIT0jFL6kFeLXUJaHTY7MxxbG1LPxA8Nxk0in3veKE

These 3 scientific developments could help combat the coronavirus pandemic

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/3-scientific-developments-could-help-142300539.html

Duke researchers are decontaminating N95 masks so doctors can reuse them to treat coronavirus patients

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/health/n95-respirator-rewear-coronavirus-duke-trnd/

A People's Bailout for Coronavirus

https://indivisible.soapboxx.us/prompt-single/trumpcoronavirus

How To Make A No-Sew Coronavirus Face Mask With Fabric

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/how-...abric-covid-19_l_5e834a20c5b62dd9f5d628e8?yho

Tesla Is Turning Car Parts Into Much-Needed Ventilators. Here’s How.

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/tesla-shows-how-it-makes-ventilators-in-new-video-2911062/

Bill Gates is spending billions to ‘save months’ on a coronavirus vaccine

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-gates-coronavirus-vaccine-152251369.html?.tsrc=bell-brknews

Vitamin C May Reduce Ventilation Time in Critically Ill Patients

https://www.physiciansbriefing.com/...n-time-in-critically-ill-patients-755018.html

Another COVID-19 Vaccine Being Tested in Mice

https://consumer.healthday.com/infe...d-19-vaccine-being-tested-in-mice-756367.html

Imophoron develops COVID-19 vaccine candidates

http://www.pharmatimes.com/news/imophoron_develops_covid-19_vaccine_candidates_1337851

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'm beginning to think I need to look up how to stop crocheting.
It will be fruitless search if my old Gran was anything to go by once you start there is no way to stop unless she occupied her hands with knitting needles instead.