What do you eat in between

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nuts and cheese make up my snacks.
I don't think you're eating enough fat. You could make a creamy sauce for your chicken an eat loads of green veggies!

My daughter made your chicken casserole recipe today @Scandichic as my Mother's Day treat and it was lush! We agreed that we couldn't have enjoyed a meal more if we had been in a top restaurant. And my bs have been at their best levels ever - 7.0 this evening after all that cream and brandy in the casserole! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you've had a happy day x

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
My daughter made your chicken casserole recipe today @Scandichic as my Mother's Day treat and it was lush! We agreed that we couldn't have enjoyed a meal more if we had been in a top restaurant. And my bs have been at their best levels ever - 7.0 this evening after all that cream and brandy in the casserole! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you've had a happy day x
Yes I have - spoilt rotten! Hope you also had a good day! Can't wait till my girls are old enough to start cooking! Glad you liked the recipe! I have another family favourite to share. I think you could probably swap the fish out for chicken but have never tried!

Ingredients:

400g cod
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 courgette
1 tbsp garlic butter
250 g cherry tomatoes
2 tins coconut milk
21/2 tbsp red Thai paste
Splash of chilli sauce
200g Philadelphia
parsley
Salt and pepper

Method:
Chop up the peppers and courgette and fry in the butter.
Add the coconut milk, the chilli sauce, the curry paste and seasoning.
Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the Philadelphia, the tomatoes and the cod.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
You don't have to add the tomatoes! Would be lovely with crusty bread and lashings of butter but you can't have it all.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I have - spoilt rotten! Hope you also had a good day! Can't wait till my girls are old enough to start cooking! Glad you liked the recipe! I

OK Rub it in why don't you!! Not only are you losing more weight than me, but your daughters are younger than mine , meaning you must be too?? I'm starting to hate you @Scandichic ...........but I do love your recipes, thank you. Keep 'em coming!

Glad you've had a lovely day too. My best present was a Skype chat with my other daughter telling me I'm going to be grandma :p x

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I take it's early days?! When's her due date? Awwww!
I am 43! Feels like 93 sometimes! If it makes you feel any better, my mother takes great pleasure in pointing out all the increasing grey. Tact is not a necessary quality in our family! Lol! image.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I take it's early days?! When's her due date? Awwww!
I am 43! Feels like 93 sometimes! If it makes you feel any better, my mother takes great pleasure in pointing out all the increasing grey. Tact is not a necessary quality in our family! Lol! View attachment 3899

Thank you so much. First grandchild due Sept. I have spent the afternoon rummaging through all the baby clothes I have kept lovingly wrapped in tissue paper for the past 34 years! There's a large suitcase of them about to wing its way over to her :)

43 eh? A lovely age but just a distant memory for me now. I remember finding my first grey hair the same morning I dropped my three year old off for his first day at nursery school - well before my 30th birthday!

Isn't it within a mother's job description to lack tact when it comes to their daughters? x

Reactions: 2 people