What Do You Make of This?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I visited the surgery today. My daughter had ear ache and we took her in to see the nurse. Outside in the waiting area was the Diabetes.co.uk poster (top) some Carbs and Cals sheets in the middle and two sheets on the Desmond Course at the bottom.

B27A9B83-70A9-4A3A-93C9-587656D50EC9.jpeg

94184282-2709-4E4C-BE0E-CF7FD53A254C.jpeg

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I probably would have formatted the wall hanging with the A4? 2, 1,2 then just 3 menus on the lower line..?

I hope your daughter found some treatment from the ear infection? I used to get those as a kid.

Reactions: Listlad

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I probably would have formatted the wall hanging with the A4? 2, 1,2 then just 3 menus on the lower line..?

I hope your daughter found some treatment from the ear infection? I used to get those as a kid.
I only put the Diabetes.co.uk poster up. The rest were already in place beforehand.

Ear wax seems to be the problem with the little one.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ear ache is horrible! How's your daughter doing now?
We gave her calpol earlier. But the nurse seemed to think it was an ear wax problem. It was one of these “super nurses”. She was pretty good, I thought.

So we have put a few drops of olive oil in our daughter’s ear (just the one).

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only put the Diabetes.co.uk poster up. The rest were already in place beforehand.

Ear wax seems to be the problem with the little one.

Ah, I see you fly posted DCUK. Nice work! :)

Yeah, I had the same issue with ear wax. Not fun when it builds up. Can be "torture."

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Exactly. (I did get permission though).
But the public might be a bit confused.
Think it looks separate, the nhs papers look different enough... hmm interesting info on them!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No. I took the only available space. The other walling has other posters on it. It was that or not at all. Unfortunately.

Well I like the global community sprit of the flyer in the lower graphics.
Though, I feel, the website address should be more prominent along with an additional QR code as a pointer to here & other QRs to the associated sites featuring the availability of apps?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I like the global community sprit of the flyer in the lower graphics.
Though, I feel, the website address should be more prominent along with an additional QR code as a pointer to here & other QRs to the associated sites featuring the availability of apps?
Yes. All credit goes to Diabetes.co.uk as I simply had it printed (downloaded from their website).

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
I think as its the top more people will read it, well done.
I was beset by ear problems as a child but they went away eventually. Olive oil is good my beloved uses it in preference to going to the doctors but then he's a coward! He sometimes uses a hot water bottle (not too hot) when he's really bad and sleeps on that side but I don't know how safe that is for children.
Hope she feels better soon.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think as its the top more people will read it, well done.
I was beset by ear problems as a child but they went away eventually. Olive oil is good my beloved uses it in preference to going to the doctors but then he's a coward! He sometimes uses a hot water bottle (not too hot) when he's really bad and sleeps on that side but I don't know how safe that is for children.
Hope she feels better soon.
Thanks.

We bought a kids hot water bottle for her when she had it a few weeks back. When we collected her from school today they had made a sort of heated bean bag for her. Not sure what they are called.

Seems a bit better now this evening. So thanks for that advice.

Last edited:

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks.

We bought a kids hot water bottle for her when she had it a few weeks back. When we collected her from school today they had made a sort of heated bean bag for her. Not sure what they are called.

Seems a bit better now this evening. So thanks for that advice.
I call mine Cary and Rod or hottie one and hottie two. Mine are wheat filled with a dash of lavender oil. but you can fill then with uncooked rice or white beans but they tend to be heavier.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I call mine Cary and Rod or hottie one and hottie two. Mine are wheat filled with a dash of lavender oil. but you can fill then with uncooked rice or white beans but they tend to be heavier.
You warm them up in the microwave oven?

D

Deleted member 308541

If it is a wheat bag type, be careful as continual heating of the wheat bag can lead to it becoming dryer which can increase the risk of it igniting.

Putting a cup of water in the microwave when heating the wheat bag can reduce this risk.

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not personally but my beloved does it for me. Had them about two years and now smell like porridge so looking for some new ones.