What do you miss from the 'Olden Days'?

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Is the black stuff now grey stuff or no stuff?

geh.gif

gef.jpg

Hi Lesleywo :).........

100% follicly challenged.

A chrome dome.

An involuntary
skin head

A slap head.

A shiny top.

A cue ball.

An out and out baldy in other words.

You clearly will note how unperturbed I am in stating the above.
I really don't mind admitting the severe lack of the old follicals,
and if you care to click the link below, you will discover why I am
not at all concerned regarding the nakedness of the upper regions
of my body.

http://allwomenstalk.com/7-reasons-bald-men-are-sexy

willie
26221705.gif

:playful:

Reactions: 6 people

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Miss the sound kids playing out in the streets during summer, we were always out as kids messing about getting into allsorts of trouble (nothing serious), you rarely see kids messing around building forts and go karts, jumping bikes over ramps, playing back street cricket with a bin for stumps, all they seem to do is **** about with mobile phones, really do feel sorry for them, they are missing out on tons of great fun, also miss great TV like Hart to Hart, Loveboat, Miami Vice, Married With Children, Jake and the Fatman, Northern exposure etc etc, real Heavy Metal like we had in the 80's with musicians that could really play their instruments not the **** corpse paint waering gutteral growling black metal **** you get today. and last but not least Denim Flares, Nutty Bars, Texans, United biscuits and Fresh Cream Cakes.
Here Here Skydog76! I reckon we had a lot more fun as kids than the kids today. Our Uncle made a go cart with a set of old pram wheels. How we loved making a guy for guy fawkes night. And there was a lady up the road who used to sell us kids toffee apples .. she used to make them with apples from the tree in the garden . They were just the best .. sharp, crunchy, juicy apples covered in brown sticky toffee ... no wonder I've got a mouthful of national health fillings!

Reactions: 7 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
What do I miss from the Olden Days ?

1. Abject poverty - grateful for the simple things
2. Measles - what fun, I played join the dots lol
3. E Coli - All strains, used to play on the landfill site down the road
4. "Real fish like cod and herring" from the chippy - not the mutant bottom feeders served up now
5. DDT - Man that stuff was in every insecticide going - clean and healthy now lol

Jeez....life is so easy now...sniff, wish I was poor again lol ;):D

Reactions: 2 people

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Miss the sound kids playing out in the streets during summer, we were always out as kids messing about getting into allsorts of trouble (nothing serious), you rarely see kids messing around building forts and go karts, jumping bikes over ramps, playing back street cricket with a bin for stumps, all they seem to do is **** about with mobile phones, really do feel sorry for them, they are missing out on tons of great fun, also miss great TV like Hart to Hart, Loveboat, Miami Vice, Married With Children, Jake and the Fatman, Northern exposure etc etc, real Heavy Metal like we had in the 80's with musicians that could really play their instruments not the **** corpse paint waering gutteral growling black metal **** you get today. and last but not least Denim Flares, Nutty Bars, Texans, United biscuits and Fresh Cream Cakes.

Absolutely agree, Skydog76.

It simply isn't the same any more. didn't it all seem so innocent in years gone by.

Nowadays, me better half and me miss hearing the kids running about laughing
and screeching with delight.
We always think if we ever mentioned that to anyone, they'd think we're nuts.

On the odd occasion we actually do hear some very young kids playing around, every
second word is normally one that would make a sailor blush.(as they say) lol

Just beyond the bottom of our garden is a grassy area with a large old oak tree sitting in full view .
Once upon a time, the area was filled with laughter from the kids playing. Not any more, reckon
they're all inside playing with their Xboxes or whatever.... even in the height of summer.

Good reply, thank you for the reminder of those bygone days........
Heck, that doesn't half make me come across as an old fogey. :playful:

willie.

Reactions: 8 people