What do you think about Michael Greger says about Diabetes?

titaniumshark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dr Greger is behind the website nutritionfacts.org
His approach to diabetes type 2 is similar to the approach of other medical doctors like Dr Barnard or Dr McDougall.. It is a plant based very low fat approach.

High carb low fat is indeed a different way to treat your diabetes and I wish more people would talk about it.. because it works.. and because when I was diagnosed, I was a vegan and I was desperate till I found out about it..

Let me know if you want more information on my experience doing high carb low fat for diabetes control..
I would like some more info on high carb low fat approach please.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
To be honest I've taken very little notice of what's been written by experts in their books read a load thought that's interesting then gone my own way. Because what none of them are, are experts on me. Like what I is innit.

Reactions: 2 people

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
My diet is just Low carb. But lots of small fruit and low fat Greek type yoghurt. With a sneaky Greggs fresh cream doughnut occasionally. if no one is looking.
Eggs. Oh yes two, several times a week, in various forms, followed by the blueberries and Greek yoghurt and real coffee and cream. (I do like a good start to the day.) Well sometimes the fat does go a bit over the top.) No bread, no cereal, no spuds, no pasta.
I have been known to tell a few porky pies. But at the same time I have lost almost 3 stone since late last year.
My bp is not as high and bg is 5-7 mostly.

Metformin 2 x 500 mgm. 175 mgm levothyroxine. assorted blood pressure pills and something for the water works and the arthritus.
All helps to make breakfast an interesting meal.

Yes. LC is the way to go. At least for me. I hope.