What does your Freestyle Libre graph look like?

ModyGirl

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my first ever one today! Would anyone be willing to share examples of their graphs? Just of of curiosity really! Do you find it accurate compared to using a meter? I have found I'm getting higher readings on it compared to my meter so far!

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
Well... today it's

IMG_20230401_095757.jpg

but t1 is different from t2 and mody

RoughcutAU

IMG_1680385774.747273.jpg
My not so amazing BG journey over the last 24hrs. While not particularly useful as everyones Diabetes is different I do find the graphs interesting.

Like most I do find outside of range readings tend to be less accurate. My lows and highs are generally exaggerated by the Libre.

Reactions: Francel

finzi1966

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

These are both fairly typical ones when I’m at home and can be selective about what I eat

IMG_0737.jpg

And a less good one when I was working away and had to have a carby hotel breakfast

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On a good day

Attachments

• B9CAA349-88AA-415C-A87E-857C6E008AFE.png
    B9CAA349-88AA-415C-A87E-857C6E008AFE.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 551
  • C39B9A78-965D-4459-BE53-72C546585965.png
    C39B9A78-965D-4459-BE53-72C546585965.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 469

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have found I'm getting higher readings on it compared to my meter so far!
Are you aware some of us find we need to give the sensors time to “bed in“? This is because our body does not like an alien object inserted in our arm so the readings on the first day or two can be a bit off. I overcome this by inserting my sensor 24 to 48 hours before activating.
There are other limitation which I recommend familiarising yourself with. Otherwise you will just find the sensors to be a frustration.

• Agree
Reactions: Rachox

Kate_Emily3

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Diet only
These are my graphs for yesterday and the day before. I’m not diabetic but had gestational diabetes but I’m really worried about how I’m feeling and wearing a libre so I can speak to my GP again…

Attachments

• B8436BE7-6502-44A9-AF3B-3D2CC12E8F85.png
    B8436BE7-6502-44A9-AF3B-3D2CC12E8F85.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 802
  • CFB42634-6898-46DD-A35F-796E4A747526.png
    CFB42634-6898-46DD-A35F-796E4A747526.png
    176 KB · Views: 897

Kate_Emily3

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Diet only
These are my graphs for yesterday and the day before. I’m not diabetic but had gestational diabetes but I’m really worried about how I’m feeling and wearing a libre so I can speak to my GP again…
Also just to flag, I set my range to what someone without diabetes should see

David_E

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Had my first ever one today! Would anyone be willing to share examples of their graphs? Just of of curiosity really! Do you find it accurate compared to using a meter? I have found I'm getting higher readings on it compared to my meter so far!

Nicksayer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hollie from what I understand from the Diabetes clinic in Addenbrook Hospital the Libre is inserted in to the cutaneous skin tissue and after research they consider this to be a more accurate measurement of the body’a sugar content. I gues the thing to remember you would only prick and test three our four times a day whereas the Libre meter is constant and you would perhaps be looking at measurements not seen with the old methods.
i have one fitted ( for 12 days now ) and find it’s much better ( no more sore fingers )
I hope this helps to reassure you and you stay well.

David_E

Type of diabetes
Type 2
When I first started my readings were higher but after second sensor they were within0.2. Having spent time in hospital last year and them doing tests three times a day checked against my sensor and 95% of time were the same. More of time when testing not just after meals for example. My other observation has been that was high when first started a new sensor usually for first 12 - 24hrs. My quarterly test has been 6.9 for last year. Good luck it will settle down and make life so much easier as the direction glucose going helps a lot.

Francel

I’ve been using the Libre2 for a while now and find that with highs and lows there’s approximately 2-3mmols discrepancy (after doing a BG to check!) I always have my BG machine handy

Owenn01

Hollie from what I understand from the Diabetes clinic in Addenbrook Hospital the Libre is inserted in to the cutaneous skin tissue and after research they consider this to be a more accurate measurement of the body’a sugar content. I gues the thing to remember you would only prick and test three our four times a day whereas the Libre meter is constant and you would perhaps be looking at measurements not seen with the old methods.
i have one fitted ( for 12 days now ) and find it’s much better ( no more sore fingers )
I hope this helps to reassure you and you stay well.
This is an important point - they are not reading the same 'value' as one is for the blood level directly the other in the cutaneous fluid which is more 'secondary' if you like but, as mentioned above, may be a lot more reliable as to what the body overall is experiencing. The fact that it also gives a reading in real time, all the time, makes it a more reliable estimation of swings etc. you may not be seeing with a blood test, or only seeing such an activity through luck at the time of testing.

Like all such meters, there is always the risk that you will descend into 'meter watching' which isn't, strictly, the reason behind having one; the graphs are informative and help you recognise if there is an issue you need to address at specific times of the day or within your treatment regime etc. I've been using the Libre system for several years now and it has been transformational to be honest.

PaulXC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are a few "inaccurate" sensors that get out of the factory. I have had plenty of them over the last 5 years. Normally reading 2mmol lower than actual BG when level trend. After 3 tests like this I swap to new sensor and then phone Freestyle Abbot who will send a free replacement.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My Libre 2 gives a reading about 0.2 points lower than finger prick testing at the lower levels. That is, it gives an alarm at 3.9 but a finger prick tells me that BG is about 4.1. It agrees with finger pricks from 5 to 8 but if BG rises above 8, it falls behind again and reads 8.5 when finger prick says 10 and the higher it goes, the further behind it falls. As long as I stay within range, the 2 agree. The Libre is useful because it gives alarms when BG drops or rises too far.