What Dose of Metformin Are You On?

malcbmth

HI I am on metformin SR 2000mg a day in two doses of 1000mg. If you get problems you should ask for the SR version which means slow release I get no problems with this type. Could not take the ordinary ones because of the sid affects.

Malc.

peter lee

nabser said:
Was diagnosed just over two years ago i take 3 x 1000mg of metformin a day and also inject Byetta twice a day,
hi they have put me on byetta ,are you taking insulin as well :?: i take 3 x 500 metformin at night too

jettad23

FelineFan said:
Hi there,

First of all apologies if this has been asked before, but am curious to know what dose, those of you that are on Metformin, are on?

I have just started on it, (today!) and am on 1 x 500mg once a day, for 1st week, 2 x 500mg in week 2 and then 3 x 500mg from week 3 onwards. Obviously a total of 1500mg by 3rd week.

Thanks
I've had type 2 for 4 years and take 500mg morning and evening. Agree about tummy problems!! Wish I could have cat in my flat. Have my daughter's Moggies for a few nights while they are being 'modified'

jensta

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
Just started on byetta - having the usual side effects nausea etc but also have blurred vision has anyone else found this - have you any tips to help the side effects

C

catherinecherub

Hi jensta and welcome to the forum.
If you go to the Diabetes Medication and Drugs board you will see there are 105 pages on Byetta. :lol: :lol: Some people find that ginger products quell the sickness feeling. As to the eyes, it may be that your blood sugars are lowering and if they have been high for sometime this can cause changes of a temporary nature.
Happy reading.

Catherine.

findave

I'm basically a low carb dieter, but lately I'm on 2x 500 mets to get my BG levels down from high fives to low fives. I take them before breakfast and before an evening meal - when I remember!

But can anyone tell me how long it takes metformin to act, and how long its effects last? There's nothing I can find in the literature, and it's not a question my GP can answer. Also if I switched to long-acting, how long does that last?

It would be a great help to know the facts.

David Wilson