What food do you REALLY crave ?

benjygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
disrespectful people
Hi I was wondering what foods you really crave when you know they will send your bs soaring ? Mine is a great big plate of chips !!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haribo :( it's my favourite hypo treatment but haven't been required in over a month now!

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
White crusty cobs. Love the taste and smell of them.
Even with novorapid, I will be high at two hour mark. If I use enough to cover two hrs, I will hypo at three.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

lindisfel

Expert
Hi benjigirl,
Like you, I desire (fried eggs and) c. 450 grams of home made chips filling my plate, made with very tasty Maris Piper or Maris Bard potatoes. (I have to restrict myself to less than 150 grams of chips now to prevent spiking my blood glucose.)

A

Anonymous

Thundercat said:
Crisps, chips anything potato based! If diabetes is good for anything its good for developing willpower

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I really miss Bombay Duck (dried fish) that the EU banned from restaurants on health reasons. Still, I have four large jars of anchovies to keep me going for a while.

Oh, and whole packets of wine gums. One gum a day is nowhere near enough.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
benjygirl said:
Hi I was wondering what foods you really crave when you know they will send your bs soaring ?

None that I can think of at the moment, if I was to crave a food badly I would just go out and buy it and then eat it :D

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
weetabix/shredded wheat, its horrendous for my levels but i crave it like mad so i don't keep it in! since i've gone low carb my cravings for choc/sweets etc have lessened abit though

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Biggest bar of fruit and nut I can find eaten all in one sitting preferably watching tv late at night (((shudder)))

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cake, homemade, with thick chocolate icing.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Was in my local Tesco Express on the way home from work. I only went in for some lettuce, saw the beefburgers and then I saw the ready made cauliflower cheese and was overwhelmed by a sudden desire for it! I haven't had cauli cheese for yonks. So I plonked two beefburgers and the cauli cheese on a plate and wolfed the lot down. And boy did I enjoy it. :D