Type 2 what have you noticed

AlaskaRon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not Having Pizza!
what difference have you noticed since you have gotten your BS under control?

I am noticing I don't have to pee nearly as often :)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
I'm not sure that my BS is yet under control .. I'm working on it ..
I still pee just as often but I feel fitter and have much more energy .. maybe my LCHF weight loss

Reactions: Prem51
A

Avocado Sevenfold

No longer peeing in the night or falling asleep at the dinner table. No more burny feet or frequent athletes foot and thrush outbreaks. Less mood swings and lower anxiety. It's all good.

Reactions: Energize and Prem51

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I never did pee that much so no difference here - except maybe I pee in the night a bit more sometimes but I think that is because I drink too much water in the evenings. I had no symptoms when I was diagnosed.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Eyes are much less blurry. Energy much higher. Nagging little nuances are gone.

That being said, when I am fluctuating, even in the non diabetic ranges I 'feel' it. I bet some blurry vision and small trembles even only moving a little. I need to stay very low carb to keep my bs flat and avoid all those nuances. They are annoying and I've never gotten 'used to them'. I do try to ignore but somedays are harder than others.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now sleep through the night every night and since loosing the weight my sleep apnoea has almost completely stopped so hubby sleeps through the night as well!

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
Now sleep through the night every night and since loosing the weight my sleep apnoea has almost completely stopped so hubby sleeps through the night as well!
My sleep apnoea has improved too, going down from 30+ events per hour to about 1. An event is where you stop breathing for up to a minute. Having said that, I am using a CPAP machine and the sleep apnoea nurse says there's no realistic chance of being cured as I need a pretty high pressure to keep my airways open. I also got a humidifier fitted to the machine and that helps a lot with my rhinitis. I sleep well and so does my wife!

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never really had any typical diabetes symptoms but LCHF seems to have cured the heartburn I used to get at night

Reactions: AM1874