1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 What is a dump of glucose

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Peterseaford, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Peterseaford

Peterseaford Type 2 · Active Member

was reading on forum that in the mornings the liver dumps glucose so might that account for me being 7.2 in the morning not having eaten between the hours of 7pm until waking at 7 am next morning

I know I have type 2 and was silly over Easter with eating what we usually avoid but now I am back on the track again but my readings on rising plus before and after dinner are up on my pre Easter figures

If I continue on our LCHF way of eating should my figures improve soon

Have a beaut day

Regards. Peter

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Fasting blood glucose levels are often the last and trickiest to fall. It can take weeks, sometimes months to show improvement. Best to concentrate on pre and post meal levels at this early stage.

Glad to hear you had a nice Easter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Or whilst your waiting use a liver block which doesn't affect my liver enzymes.. at all.

Liver block : A fatty protein eaten before sleep or period of fast.

It can be used on immediate rising too, to block the rise til a meal.

It's far more effective until the overall low carbing starts bringing it down for longer.

Liver blocks only work as an immediate fix (sticky plaster). Permanent low carbing will permanently keep fbgs lower.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook