What is it

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
1484933240890.jpg

Can someone tell me what this is?, not sure if I have to cook, carve or decorate it.

AnnJohnston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a squash. Not sure which variety though. I would treat it like a pumpkin or butternut squash.

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
It's a squash. Not sure which variety though. I would treat it like a pumpkin or butternut squash.

Thanks for the info but I dont know how to treat it, could I roast then put in a soup or just chop up and add it raw?

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd roast it, which should bring out the flavour more. Depending on its age, you may or may not need to peel it. I can't judge from the photo and in any event, I am the World's dodgiest cook :)

Last edited:

AnnJohnston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry!! I love pumpkin and butternut squash roasted as they're normally quite sweet but I've never had this kind before. Have you googled it?

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Sorry!! I love pumpkin and butternut squash roasted as they're normally quite sweet but I've never had this kind before. Have you googled it?

Roasted all of it used 3/4 for chilli & squash soup which was lovely, but was an absolute nightmare to peel.
Very pretty veg shame to cut it up.

Reactions: AnnJohnston

AnnJohnston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I seen them in Lidl at weekend but I was buying loads other veg so gave them a miss this week.

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Where did it come from? Was it alone? What are its intentions?

I'm highly suspicious..:D

I got it from lidl and the soup was lovely, bit of a kick but you cant beat a little spice in your life.

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
As I say, if you cant have the sugar nothing stopping you having the spice