what is the best product with low cost test strips?

Johnjoe13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Jimmy, I bought the SD Codefree from Homehealth.co .uk for this very reason and a lot of people on here us it too, the test strips are like £7.69 for 50 and the meter and starter kit just short of twelve quid bargin get yourself one

PS make sure you choose mml/l and there is even a discount when you declare you are diabetic, discount code for 5 boxes of strips is 264086

Reactions: dbr10

DavyG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
all vegetables except potatoes and beans
I got one from homehealth and as long as you tick the diabetic box they don't charge V.A.T. I looked at the accu chek but at present, I'm studying effects of different foods and sometimes monitor 6 times per day so the SD codefree has saved me a small fortune.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was also given an AccuChek Mobile but no prescription for replacement cassettes, and yes, they are outrageously expensive, so I also bought the Codefree from Home Health. There is also a discount code for a box of 10 tubs of 50. 10 packs 975833.

You can also get the AccuChek cassettes very much cheaper on Ebay - just watch for reasonable expiry dates. I keep a continuous supply of cassettes as emergencies should my Codefree die, and to do the odd comparison checks.

JimmyScotland

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many. I can put up with lots of negativity in all forms, it just makes me more determined to succeed when I meet a brick wall lol.
Thank you all so much. That was an eye opener and loads of help. Again thank you all for the fast reply.

Reactions: Whitelinen64

JimmyScotland

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many. I can put up with lots of negativity in all forms, it just makes me more determined to succeed when I meet a brick wall lol.
Found out Argos do 100s for #29.99

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I ordered a data cable for the codefree from home health yesterday got it this morning. :)

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also use the sd codefree. I was given a meter and strips on prescription to begin with but once I got some control I was told I only need to do a couple of tests a week. I want to keep control and the codefree worked out so much cheaper and seems to be just as good.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Found out Argos do 100s for #29.99
I find this puzzling as having searched the Argos web site can find no reference to test trips at all, though they do sell the Beurer 3 in 1 Blood Glucose Monitor - GL50 it is all but impossible to get test trips for this meter in the UK.