Type 1.5 What lancet does Dr. Bernstein use?

slashkun

I'm LADA (often calles as SPIDDM in Japan) for two years.

Recently I read the book, "Diabetes Solution - The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars" by Dr. Bernstein. He introduces the way to measure blood sugar (Mr. Ron Raab invented) in this book as follows:

"....you need not discard the disposable plastic lancets with the metal point after every finger stick. It is a good idea to discard them once a month, as they do eventually become dull."

I have used disposable lancet and can't use my type repeatedly.

Does anyone know the lancet Dr. Bernstein uses? or video of repeatedly using lancet?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm LADA (often calles as SPIDDM in Japan) for two years.

Recently I read the book, "Diabetes Solution - The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars" by Dr. Bernstein. He introduces the way to measure blood sugar (Mr. Ron Raab invented) in this book as follows:

"....you need not discard the disposable plastic lancets with the metal point after every finger stick. It is a good idea to discard them once a month, as they do eventually become dull."

I have used disposable lancet and can't use my type repeatedly.

Does anyone know the lancet Dr. Bernstein uses? or video of repeatedly using lancet?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

looking it up. It appears the "Bayer Vaculance" is what's used?? Possibly at the time the book was written..

http://www.diabetes-book.com/measure-blood-sugar/#:~:text=As you will not be,they do eventually become dull.

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know which one Bernstein uses, but most finger prickers can be reused as often as you like.
Which one do you use?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I believe it's here: http://www.diabetes-book.com/measure-blood-sugar/
And as @Jaylee posted, it's a Bayer Vaculance rather than a lancet.

I could well be wrong. but according to the box... :)

These look like a possible match..

264004.jpg

slashkun

Thank you for your reply.

Yes. The content Jaylee pointed out is right!

Thank you, ert. I will check Bayer Vaculance.

Hi, Antje77
I use

1.2.2_jp-pen_01.jpg

kenjoy_4987935238752

Thank you, Jaylee! I try to find microlet with my doctor. I want reduce trash as possible!