totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
just out of curiosity i wondered where everyone injects and what size needle,
i was injecting in my tummy and have just changed sites to my legs and 5mm needles :D

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
tummy. top and bottom of naval I alternate the victoza. Use 4mm and 5mm depending on what I pull from the box i mixed them in lol.

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
using 5mm needles.

Inject in stomache, thighs, backs of arms and bum.
Often I tend to use my bum and thoughs for Levemir since I found that if I use my stomache it doesnt last the full 12 hours for me.

For rapid I tend to choose the site based on how much I am injecting and what I have eaten. I find that if I have something with a fairly low GI then going for my tummy seems to give too fast a release and I have a dip then it climbs so I use arms or thigh.

If dose is less than 12 then it can be arms but higher doses I go for stomache as my arms bleed / bruise with anything over 15u.

But that is just what works for me :)

/A

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi, Tummy ' only ' as am too skinny on my thighs and bum, plus wouldnt be able to see if did the bum!
Alternate sides with the victoza and levemir. Use 4mm or 5mm needles.
Reading AndyS post above is interesting about the levemir not lasting the full 12hrs in stomach site, will mention this to my [DSN] this friday when I go for the levemir dosage training. Anna.

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Anna,

I should menation a caveat to my statement. This is what I have observed in myself and in all liklihood will be different for others.

Injecting in the bum does take a bit of practice and you generaly end up doing a blind shot without pinching the skin.

/A

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Lantus goes into my legs or buttocks, novorapid I inject into the arms and occasionally the stomach, I try and avoid the stomach due to previous problems of lipohypertrophy when I used glass syringes and re-usable needles in the early 80's.

Needle size I use 5mm.

Nigel

Pneu

5mm needles for me...

Stomach for Novo/Apidra and Thighs for Insulatard... occasionally stomach if I have missed an injection time by more than an hour..