Prediabetes What Precaution should be taken by daibites patients in covid-19

thoruncle

Hello Everyone, I am diabetes patients For 2 Years As all know that covid -19 is Still facing By all people And there is no vaccine in the market for this diseases I just want to know through my post that what precautions should be taken by daibites patients in covid-19 is anyone know about this recommended me here.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello Everyone, I am diabetes patients For 2 Years As all know that covid -19 is Still facing By all people And there is no vaccine in the market for this diseases I just want to know through my post that what precautions should be taken by daibites patients in covid-19 is anyone know about this recommended me here.

Hi, a vaccine was rolled out today to the most vulnerable. The first jab was given to a 90 year old lady from Coventry @ 6.31am.

Keeping blood glucose level stable and in a good range, mask, hands and social distancing is advised, also ventilation in a vehicle or workplace.

Reactions: ert

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Treat the virus with respect, follow the same guidelines as given out to the general public, If you are an insulin user, make sure you can get supplies if in lockdown (I assume you have already got that sorted). If using diet to control, then consider that as well. I have other co-morbidities, so I have been shielded since March, but that is my way of dealing with it, So, Mask up, stock up, follow good hygiene, etc. Make sure you have cold/flu remedies to hand and discuss isolation issues if you co-habit with anyone else.

You do not declare what country you are in so this may not be relevant to your situation. As of this morning, the UK has a vaccine available for the elderly, and it will move down the age decades in time, We all have to wait a bit longer, but the cavalry is at the top of the hill!

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you can improve your vitamin D status (get sunshine and /or take a D3 supplement in a big dose) and get your insulin and blood sugar levels down by eating a low carb diet!
Avoiding infection is sensible so hand washing and keeping away from those who have an infection (flu or Covid).
Remember that Covid is a risk but even when you're vaccinated you will reduce your risks for diseases that kill more (heart disease and cancer) by improving your diabetes.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As a type two in remission, I have not taken any extra precautions.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Treat the virus with respect, follow the same guidelines as given out to the general public, If you are an insulin user, make sure you can get supplies if in lockdown (I assume you have already got that sorted). If using diet to control, then consider that as well. I have other co-morbidities, so I have been shielded since March, but that is my way of dealing with it, So, Mask up, stock up, follow good hygiene, etc. Make sure you have cold/flu remedies to hand and discuss isolation issues if you co-habit with anyone else.

You do not declare what country you are in so this may not be relevant to your situation. As of this morning, the UK has a vaccine available for the elderly, and it will move down the age decades in time, We all have to wait a bit longer, but the cavalry is at the top of the hill!

Hi just thought I'd ask any one know if the vaccine is a live vaccine or not as it would seem that those on Biologics meds are advised not to have live vaccines.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi just thought I'd ask any one know if the vaccine is a live vaccine or not as it would seem that those on Biologics meds are advised not to have live vaccines.
I cannot say if any of the multitude of releases is live, but the Pfizer. Moderna and Oxford vaccines do not appear to be live virus-based like the older Porton Down ones used to be. However, I believe some echelons of the public are being held back since none of the Stage 3 trials use volunteers from that cohort. I think immunosuppressant users are part of that group at the moment. Not sure about the Chinese or Russian ones. Seek doctor's advice first?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I cannot say if any of the multitude of releases is live, but the Pfizer. Moderna and Oxford vaccines do not appear to be live virus-based like the older Porton Down ones used to be. However, I believe some echelons of the public are being held back since none of the Stage 3 trials use volunteers from that cohort. I think immunosuppressant users are part of that group at the moment. Not sure about the Chinese or Russian ones. Seek doctor's advice first?
Following on from the Sark vaccine for Polio I think you're right that live vaccines aren't used anymore. Not sure about Sputnik and whatever the Chinese one is called. This is from the CDC site and I assume it refers to the vaccines we are discussing here.
None of the COVID-19 vaccines currently in development in the United States use the live virus that causes COVID-19
Judging by the allergic shock reactions I am guessing certain other cohorts haven't been in those trials either whcih is why most people I know are opting for 'wait and see' .