what risk am I to covet19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I’m 54 , 17 maybe 18 , stone , type 1 , bad copd . Hyper tension with p.t.s,d , disabled and can’t get about very much , and I live in a kinda camper van . What kinda risk catagery am I in ? And should I be hideing away for 12 weeks ? ... take care everyone and big up the nhs they have a lot of courage

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Martinfoley157 and welcome to the forum.

Government advice for most people without symptoms is to follow social distancing rules. The exception is for those people that fall into the groups listed below who should isolate for 12 weeks (if this applies to you, you should have been contacted by the NHS). If you have any symptoms you should self-isolate for 14 days.
  • people who have received an organ transplant and remain on ongoing immunosuppression medication
  • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radiotherapy
  • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia who are at any stage of treatment
  • people with severe chest conditions such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma (requiring hospital admissions or courses of steroid tablets)
  • people with severe diseases of body systems, such as severe kidney disease (dialysis)
This is a link to the latest government guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-other

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome!

are you in the UK?

if so, and you feel that with COPD you should be included in the ‘Shelter for 12 week’ group, but have not yet received a letter from the NHS, then you can try contacting the health team who treat your COPD (doc? Clinic?) and see what they say.

if you are in the Shelter group, then volunteers are being organised who should be able to get supplies to you without you having to leave home.

hope that helps a bit! :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I’m 54 , 17 maybe 18 , stone , type 1 , bad copd . Hyper tension with p.t.s,d , disabled and can’t get about very much , and I live in a kinda camper van . What kinda risk catagery am I in ? And should I be hideing away for 12 weeks ? ... take care everyone and big up the nhs they have a lot of courage

Hi @Martinfoley157 ,

Welcome to the forum, What took you so long to post.

If you live in a camper?
To the best of my knowledge there is no legislation regarding your lifestyle In force to "buy a house."
(Listening to a chief copper on affairs the other night, when the subject came up on sites.)
It is strongly advised to at least self distance following the protocol & keep travel down to the bare minimum. (Pretty much work & food.)
If you can social isolate? Even better in these times.

Do you have someone in the camper or traveler community who could help with provisions?

Yep. Big, big up the NHS. They have some balls.

Keep safe yourself.