1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

WHAT TO DRINK IN A PUB

Discussion in 'Reactive Hypoglycemia' started by toonerwife, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Dr Snoddy

Dr Snoddy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Soda water with lots of ice and lots of pieces of lime (not lime cordial). This drink is actually free in some pubs.
    Diet ginger beer with lots of fresh lime is also refreshing but more difficult to come by.
    Have a fun birthday!

2. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Nothing is free at the bowls club where I drink except water at ambient temperature. If you want cold water you pay for it.

3. Catkysydney

Catkysydney · Active Member

Hi,
    I have found Coke is quite OK, even full sugar Coke does not raise my blood glucose level too much.. of course I usually drink Coke Zero. But if they don’t have it, I will drink full sugar Coke.. surprisingly Coke is OK for me...

4. KarenTh

KarenTh Reactive hypoglycemia · Active Member

I get away with gin and soda or extra dry Martini and soda. I can also drink red wine with nibbles but only a small glass.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook