What types of insulin pumps are there?

edithh23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am 9 and have t1 I am thinking about trying the insulin pump. If you know about any please tell me. I am right now on novo rapid and levemire.(if it makes a difference)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @edithh23 i don't have a pump yet, but I am hoping to get one and I used this table to help me look into which one might be best for me - http://www.medicinesresources.nhs.u...1bGluX3B1bXBzX0ZJTkFMIEFwcmlsIDIwMTUucGRm.pdf - it is a bit of long table with a lot of information in it, so you might want to get your mum to help you look at it.

The other thing I found really useful when looking at pumps was you tube - if you are interested in one of the pumps in the table search for it on you tube, there will be videos of people reviewing the pumps and showing you what it is like to put them in and how they wear them.

If you use a pump, you will only use fast acting insulin (your novorapid) because a pump will be set up to give you tiny little bits of the fast acting all day long and that will do the job of the background insulin (levemir)