What was your bg reading last night and this morning?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Started on low calorie day (5:2) diet and had just over 50 calories. It may have something to do with why my night time BG was 6.5 and my FBG was 6.9. I don't know. But it looks promising.

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm eating a lot that food has a lot of fat and my FBG is increasing day by day! what should I do to control this :dead::dead:
Welcome to the forum @Thomas. You should start a new thread in the 'Ask a Question' section, and give some more information about yourself - type of diabetes, what sort of food you are eating and the readings you are getting.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My readings are all over the place lately.
Last night (23/8) my reading at 1925 before evening meal was 5.4.
Two hours later it was 10.8, my highest ever reading.
I tested again after another two hours at 2330 and it had gone down to 5.4 again (?!).
My fbg today was 7.3.

I don't know what is going on. I didn't eat many carbs yesterday. Probably less than 100 gms, mainly at evening meal (fish & 6 chips, and lemon tart). That usually would only give me post meal reading in the 7s.
Anyway I saw my GP yesterday as I've been getting aches and twinges in my knees and upper arms. I put it down to getting old and probably arthritic, but he thought it might be due to bg and has referred me for a HbA1c test. I'll be going next week.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.63 at 2230 yesterday
7.2 at 0800 this morning, rising to 8.4 by breakfast at 1330 but down to 7.4 again by 1630. All pretty good really.

Reactions: Pasha and Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
6.1 at 2200 last night (24/8) after fasting during day and small low carb evening meal.
7.3 fbg today, which is probably because of dp.

Reactions: Pasha

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 at 0050 last night
5.8 at 0815 today
I'm beginning to think that very low carb + intermittent fasting + 5:2 calorie counting might actually work. BG pretty low yesterday and especially low last night and still this morning, despite having to take a couple of cough pastilles during the night (I can't take the "sugar free" ones, so some sucrose in them). Can't have affected my weight yet, so I'm not fretting over that - or even allowing myself to look.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
15.0 at midnight last night
7.5 at 0800 today
The 15 was my own fault, slipped "off the wagon" after not being hungry enough to eat an evening meal when I should have but was v hungry at 10 pm and had 2 biscuits, then another 2. Result - BG shot up by about 10 points!

Reactions: Prem51