What's best diet and exercise

Debby1610

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
what's the best diet regime should I take and coz of my disability what exercises can I do has my walking ain't great nurse suggested do 75 steps a day and gradually build it up mum suggested herbal and fruit teas I stopped drinking proper tea n coffee never had sugar in my teas thou I drink lots of water a day n walk round bungalow has much has I can I have carers in daily and my hubby helps me has does my son who has autism thx for warm welcome debby

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Diet - possibly very low carbohydrate.
That is, sugar in your tea is the least of your worries because it is usually only a small part of your daily glucose intake. Too much glucose in your blood is what diabetes is all about.

There is a LCHF forum with good reading here.

You don't say what your disability is.
If you have trouble walking then you might need to try upper body exercises using your arms.
A physiotherapist is the best person to advise on this and you should be able to self refer to get an appointment.

I haven't seen this recommended but I do note that in the London Marathon and the Paralympics there are some very fit people in wheelchairs so one option might be to exercise by wheeling yourself (using your hand to move the wheels) in a wheelchair to build up your arms and shoulders.

I have a book on chair Yoga which is full of exercises that you can do whilst sitting in a chair.

Just a few thoughts - someone with personal experience will no doubt be along soon.

Edit: https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/health-wellbeing/exercise-fitness/nine-easy-chair-exercises might be a start.

Reactions: ziggy_w