What's going on??

P

pollensa

I'm sorry for going on about this but I can't lose weight and can't work out why. I am not a person who loses quickly, I know that, but 6lbs in a month is ridiculous considering the amount I was eating before...and I don't seem to have lost a single ounce in well over a week.

I am testing with my meter and everything is looking really good. All my results are "normal" so why can't I lose anything?

Has anyone got any tips or advice? I am really desperate to get this thing turned round and it's really upsetting me.

Sometimes, it all depends on ones metabalism, and other factors, patience is a virtue! also, if of any help, if you have lost 6lbs at least clothing must be a little loose Yes? If so, an example, my friend looses weight slowly, she has noticed that her clothing is getting loose, even though the scales strangely enough are not moving as much as she would like, she was informed, that muscle weight can build up hence, little movement scales, but the clothes are looser, and has been told, as long as the clothes keep getting looser that shows, weight loss? thats the explanation and example of a friend, which may be helpful in someway.

Dont know what portions your eating of lesser food to before food? a trick I can vouch from own experience, one of the main contributors to loss of weight on low carb my own situation, is PORTION size, my 3 meals a day are size of approx AIRLINE MEALS, also, use a smaller plate, that way it looks as though your eating a lot, but infact, your eating much less, also I dont snack inbetween meals, so again, not sure if you snack? every little change helps sometimes. Good luck

Reactions: cmor16

cmor16

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that is a good idea. I think that you can drive yourself crazy constantly standing on the scales. I do not even own any scales, to be honest. It has taken me a year to lose just over 2 dress sizes, whereas some people it can be much quicker. It will happen just give it time. Try not to think about weight loss, it will happen all of a sudden. That dress in your wardrobe that was way to tight before will suddenly to your surprise will either fit you nicely or will be too big lol. This is what happened to me with a lot of clothes. Good luck

Thanks Derry. I have been very impatient but it got me nowhere so I have stopped being so hard on myself. My blood is good, I'm fasting now and again so feel I am on the right road. Hopefully it'll all fall into place soon :)

cmor16

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes, it all depends on ones metabalism, and other factors, patience is a virtue! also, if of any help, if you have lost 6lbs at least clothing must be a little loose Yes? If so, an example, my friend looses weight slowly, she has noticed that her clothing is getting loose, even though the scales strangely enough are not moving as much as she would like, she was informed, that muscle weight can build up hence, little movement scales, but the clothes are looser, and has been told, as long as the clothes keep getting looser that shows, weight loss? thats the explanation and example of a friend, which may be helpful in someway.

Dont know what portions your eating of lesser food to before food? a trick I can vouch from own experience, one of the main contributors to loss of weight on low carb my own situation, is PORTION size, my 3 meals a day are size of approx AIRLINE MEALS, also, use a smaller plate, that way it looks as though your eating a lot, but infact, your eating much less, also I dont snack inbetween meals, so again, not sure if you snack? every little change helps sometimes. Good luck

Yes pollensa some clothes are slightly looser so that proves something is happening. My meals used to be pretty huge but now I'm not having very many carbs and am limiting my protein they are somewhat smaller...not like airline food though! I'm not snacking much either as I try to keep to 1-2 meals per day.

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost 2.5 stone last year and have kept it off, so I now need to lose another 2 stone, so have been trying all sorts for months, these last few weeks have been tough, have been eating yoghurt, eggs and a few berries and tomatoes, day in day out and grazing on a spoonfull here and a spoonfull there - have not lost a single pound, just got headaches and a major mood swing today to the point of not moving from bed or speaking to anyone, blood sugars were up all the way through fasting as well as trying to eat little and often, and various different trials, so I went and had porridge at 7.30am today - I never eat at that time ever, then went to bed in a foul mood and slept until 13:00, had a drink with sugar as I was still fuming, went back to sleep until 17:30, and tested and expected sugars to be really high - guess what they were the lowest ever! So it may be in my case that my body wants food early am and then nothing until evening - I shall have to try this approach which I stumbled on by mistake.

cmor16

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost 2.5 stone last year and have kept it off, so I now need to lose another 2 stone, so have been trying all sorts for months, these last few weeks have been tough, have been eating yoghurt, eggs and a few berries and tomatoes, day in day out and grazing on a spoonfull here and a spoonfull there - have not lost a single pound, just got headaches and a major mood swing today to the point of not moving from bed or speaking to anyone, blood sugars were up all the way through fasting as well as trying to eat little and often, and various different trials, so I went and had porridge at 7.30am today - I never eat at that time ever, then went to bed in a foul mood and slept until 13:00, had a drink with sugar as I was still fuming, went back to sleep until 17:30, and tested and expected sugars to be really high - guess what they were the lowest ever! So it may be in my case that my body wants food early am and then nothing until evening - I shall have to try this approach which I stumbled on by mistake.

Wow that's weird isn't it? You'll just have to keep on with the early morning feeds and hope for the best :) Well done on the weight loss!

P

pollensa

Yes pollensa some clothes are slightly looser so that proves something is happening. My meals used to be pretty huge but now I'm not having very many carbs and am limiting my protein they are somewhat smaller...not like airline food though! I'm not snacking much either as I try to keep to 1-2 meals per day.
Excellent, pleased about the clothes looser, and your on the right track regards less carbs an smaller portions, if you have will power to add to this good change, i.e. dont snack at all, also try to do one day or two intermittent fasting, if you are able, simply dont have breakfast one day or two, or one day dont have breakfast or lunch and dinner in the evening, this is another way to loose excess weight along with the other lifestyle changes your adopting. I am sure you will soon see more results, soon, good luck.

P

pollensa

Wow that's weird isn't it? You'll just have to keep on with the early morning feeds and hope for the best :) Well done on the weight loss!
Regards the breakfast at 7.30am and then not eating until later in the day, really, you were intermittent fasting, look at the word
BREAKFAST I.E. you ate breakfast, then nothing i.e. you fasting, so break / fast so you ate and then fasted. Even if you have a meal, lunch and do not eat until dinner without snacking, you are actually intermittent fasting for example. This indicates as you have explained about not eating from breakfast, that fasting can give excellent results, and as you say an unexpected lowest levels you had? So off you go, intermittent fasting on the agenda.

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Regards the breakfast at 7.30am and then not eating until later in the day, really, you were intermittent fasting, look at the word
BREAKFAST I.E. you ate breakfast, then nothing i.e. you fasting, so break / fast so you ate and then fasted. Even if you have a meal, lunch and do not eat until dinner without snacking, you are actually intermittent fasting for example. This indicates as you have explained about not eating from breakfast, that fasting can give excellent results, and as you say an unexpected lowest levels you had? So off you go, intermittent fasting on the agenda.
Yes, I shall try this again, eating in the am and not eating again till the evening, as usually I am nocturnal and eat through the night - so eating early and then nothing through the night hours may help - its going to get a bit of getting used to as I have not slept through the night for 21 yrs lol.

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you - I am a bit happier now as there is hope. I also hope that you find your magic aha moment soon.