1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What's the lowest you've been?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Embabe25, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Thundercat

Thundercat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

1.7 Only time I didn't feel hypo. My sister noticed it and sorted me out. Apparantly I was struggling with words ( kept referring to a white box on the table as 'the high white thing'!).

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. sharonValerie

sharonValerie · Active Member

The lowest i've been is 17mgs which in mmls is 0.9. last really bad one was last week was 24mgs which is 1.3mmls.

3. Nicola738

Nicola738 · Member

Lowest I have been is 2.7 extremely scary stuff however reading some of these is totally shocking. I was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago and am starting to not get tremors as bad as I did which was my main way of telling I was having a hypo.

4. BlueQ

BlueQ · Member

I think my lowest was about 1.8. I almost crapped myself....

5. MCMLXXIII

MCMLXXIII Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Bloody hell blueq, any lower and you probably would have!
    :-o

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

6. WendyC

WendyC Type 1 · Newbie

My lowest was 0.5. I was waiting to go down to theatre to have my ankle pinned and the sliding scale was not adjusted properly. I told the nurses again and again............had to wait till the following day for my op as a result!!

7. Lolagirl

Lolagirl · Member

I havent had a hypo my lowest reading since diagnosis in January is 4.2.

8. Beanyjojo

Beanyjojo Type 2 · Newbie

Hi all :wave: Newbie here to diabetes and to this forum. I was searching for posts on low readings as I'm not really sure how bad mine was yesterday... 0.5 :crazy: The scary thing was that I didn't have the normal signs, ie when I go down to 3 or 4 I start to shake and sweat and know that I'm going low. Yesterday I had none of that, I just started vomiting :(

I started to write a post earlier introducing myself, but to be honest I just cba at the moment! I guess you all know how I feel...?

Great forum by the way, it's being a wealth of information for me :D

9. jddukes

jddukes Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Had a 0.3 once. On the floor in a pool of sweat, not the nicest of experiences...

10. carlrr

carlrr Type 2 · Well-Known Member

could someone tell me what happens to them during a hypo, please be descriptive as I would like to know what to expect if it ever happens

11. garythegob

garythegob · Well-Known Member

When i had my 1 and only hypo i was sweating, had the shakes, found it very difficult to talk any sense at all, very much like being extremely drunk really, including loss of balance! But like everything, i suppose, not everyone will get the same hypo signs as the next person!

12. MCMLXXIII

MCMLXXIII Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi gary!

@myroomsadisco

13. palm_tree

palm_tree Type 1 · Member

Lowest I have been is 1.1

Anyone ever tested two different fingers and got a different result? Last time I thought my blood sugar was low I tested my middle finger and got 6.7, doubted result so tested my index finger and got 8.4!

14. sean51

sean51 · Well-Known Member

Should have tested the middle finger on the other hand like with like lol

15. Emilycbrown123

Emilycbrown123 · Member

I went so low at night when I was first diagnosed while I was a sleep that I went into a mini acoma and my dad had to spread hypostop jell around the inside of my mouth luckly he knew what to do and that I was sleeping in the same room as my sister otherwise i would have died that's what the doctors told me ps they say it was mostly heat and that I wasn't used to what hypos felt like yet ( I was in Italy ) VERY scary experience expect ally if you are only 5 years of age

16. glenmoray

glenmoray · Well-Known Member

0.3 is the lowest I've been at night. Woke up with paramedics by my side. The cause I forgot I already had my before supper injection so took it twice.

17. Isobel94

Isobel94 · Well-Known Member

Can't remember exactly what my blood sugar was at the time-- it may have been 1.2 mmol/l, but it was the scariest experience in retrospect, because I know that there's a few minutes during that time that I just can't remember. I'm not sure if I blacked out, but it was certainly possible. I remember trying to tap my boyfriend on the nose with a cereal bar wrapper, and being totally fixated on doing this. Then I woke up in torrential sweat, with a big bright yellowish light in front of my vision. When I was trying to get my glucose, moving over in the bed, it felt like every nerve in my body was shattering. I'm not sure if I passed out, but I feel like there's a couple of minutes I'm missing from my memory. I was lying down in bed, it could have happened for all I know.

It's moments like these that teach you lessons about your diabetes. Scary stuff.

18. LittleWolf

LittleWolf · Well-Known Member

Is it me or do a lot of you guys have nighttime hypos? What about any T2s NOT on insulin have you had a reactive hypos In the night after a big meal?

19. weeezer

weeezer · Well-Known Member

0.8 during labour, due to delay in being hooked up to insulin/glucose sliding scale thingy. remember being sick over everything/everyone and nurses pouring a jug of glucose mixed with water down my neck! Vile. This was 11 years ago, don't know why they didnt just shove a glucagon jab in!

Then during second pregnancy years later, had a 0. Something hypo where i wasn't conscious, but hubby said was moving and acting odd. He injected me with glucagon and when I came to I thought I was in a dream (nightmare!) for ages.

Em, how old is your youngest? I had a period of about a year after my daughter was born in 09 where my hypo awareness was awful and I'd find myself at 1 or 2 point something v quickly and the odd occasion being so confused and other people had to be involved. Played around (er, adjusted i mean!) a lot with basal and all settled eventually. Scary when there are kids/babies around tho.

20. LittleWolf

LittleWolf · Well-Known Member

My lord!

I'm so glad you're with us now >_< You're really strong x

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook